Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2001 6:15:56 PM EDT
I just bought a Marlin Camp 9.  Boy that thing is sweet.  Took an AR and the Marlin to the range today and spent most of the time shooting that Marlin.  I really enjoy pistol calibers in a rifle.

Anyway, how the heck do you get the bolt out to clean it?  I got the stock off, but it is a mystery to me as to how I would disassemble the firearm to clean.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just bought a Marlin Camp 9.  Boy that thing is sweet.  Took an AR and the Marlin to the range today and spent most of the time shooting that Marlin.  I really enjoy pistol calibers in a rifle.

Anyway, how the heck do you get the bolt out to clean it?  I got the stock off, but it is a mystery to me as to how I would disassemble the firearm to clean.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
View Quote

Next time buy a Ruger PC9 and get a REAL carbine in 9mm..sorry, I had to do it. I just love my PC9. And it is a rarity on the range.

Allen

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you stock up on S&W doublestack pistol mags for the Marlin Camp 9?  YOTTA.

Camp 45 takes 1911 mags.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
With the stock off and the receiver upside down, just pull the bolt back with your fingers and lift up. I have Marlin Camps in 9mm and .45acp. I upgraded the recoil spring in the 9 to a 16.5lb and the one in the 45 to a 21lb. from Wolff Springs. They are very undersprung from the factory. I now shoot +Ps in both with no battering as well as 45 Super in the Camp 45. The Camp 45 spits out 185gr. Texas Ammo 45 Super's out at 1572fps and 1015ft/lbs, talk about a sweet and handy little deer carbine!! The Camp 9 launches 115gr. CorBons out at 1505fps and 578ft/lbs.

The Ruger carbines are nice looking, but my Marlins will outshoot them all day long and plus I didn't support the man that helped Klinton out with the 10 round mag limit by buying one. "No law abiding citizen needs more than 10 rounds". Damn you Bill Ruger!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top