Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 7/13/2001 5:09:08 PM EST
I am finally in the market for a new pistol. I have been looking for a .45 and have narrowed it down to CZ97,G30,HKusp full size, Sig P220. My budget is very limited and really don't want to go beyond (or really near) $700. That being said I would still like a decent 1911 and noticed that Turners (in Kali) has a sale on the SA .45 Mil-Spec model for $479. Is this any good? Does it compare at all to the others on my list? And for those that would ask: I am in the PRK...so no CCW Target shooting only but combat capable I have medium sized hands so the p220 and 1911 do fit much better but if I am limited to 10rds I would prefer to have it! Sorry about the long post, Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:25:52 PM EST
JBear I saw some Rock Island 1911 .45's in Shotgun News for under $300 might look into those. Also a question for some Springfield people. I looked at a SS Springfield .45 the other day and it had Brazil stamped on the frame, anyone know what that means? Made there or what?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:35:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By CIB: JBear I saw some Rock Island 1911 .45's in Shotgun News for under $300 might look into those. Also a question for some Springfield people. I looked at a SS Springfield .45 the other day and it had Brazil stamped on the frame, anyone know what that means? Made there or what?
View Quote
I believe they are forged in Brazil and machined here. Kimber use to make a point of it in their ads comparing brand C & S to Kimber. Though I do believe brand "C" is just 'bout dead... Allen
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:42:16 PM EST
Alright, It was a nice pistol, just wondering about the Brazil.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:23:17 PM EST
Springfield makes a very nice 1911 for the money. Their Loaded pistols have a few more sharp edges than Kimbers or Colts, and they aren't quite as accurate as the Kimbers I have shot, but they are very nice pistols for a good price.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:48:09 PM EST
The sa is a good gun and as any 1911 you can always add to make it even better
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:50:58 PM EST
IIRC, most of the Springfield pistols are made in Brazil. They only work on the high end .45s in the US factory.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:56:19 PM EST
$475 is a bood price for a Mil Spec SA 45. Yes they are machined in Brazil, but they are STILL damn fine weapons. I have a Mil Spec, a Stainless Steel 5", and a Kimber ProCarry, and I love them all. Start with the Mil-spec, and go from there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:46:46 AM EST
I have a Mil spec Springfield.The older one before they went bankrupt.It has a minimum of 70,000 rounds through it.Other than springs and a disconnector it hasnt needed a thing.The only thing that comes from Brazil is the frame and slide.the pistols are assembeled here.At least thats the way it use to be.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:04:13 AM EST
GET THE MIL-SPEC !!!!! You won't ever see one cheaper here in CA and if you could only have 1 .45 that'd be it. If you get another .45 look into the CZ, but for now think Springfield. Save up for the German guns should you want a different caliber or for something smaller (possible carry), thank me later.
Top Top