Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 5:11:03 PM EDT
Woman in Texas wants more CCW (teachers, principals, etc)  This is helping the cause..

Dateline 9pm Eastern/8Central

Later,
    Chris
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wether it helps the cause or not is entirely dependant on how the Dateline people package it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
good a story that is actually relavant to me
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I just tuned in.  I hope it was not the first segment.  If not, well see if it turns out any good. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
GREAT segment!! Suzanna Hupp is cool in my book.. She is a representative in Texas.. Any know how to get her email addy to send her a keep up the good work letter.. She deserves it..

later,
   Chris
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
She said what she wanted, was not intimedated and she came across as the girl next door.  It wasclear what she said and to the point.  We all need spokespeople like her.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
comon, can't be, this is not P.C.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved how she just said that she did not care what anyone thought on this matter.  Also, NBC did not seem to try to slant the story to make her into some kind of nut.  Their lack of demonization of her was actually refreshing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome lady.  I liked her point about gun-free zones, If they are gun free then why all of these crimes?  I have heard about the situation in the Texas cafeteria but never the whole view of the story.  Her father gets the next vote for "balls of the day" award, what a great man.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pinch me.
View Quote
Only if you look like the one in the middle [img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Zm/OG/pQ/FD89258.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the pod people have escaped from Area 51.

But its ok if they can replicate girls like the one in the middle
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I was surprised that 20/20 didn't try to put some hideous spin on the program to make the Representative from Texas look like some crazed gunman/woman.  I thought that she really had it together when she told 20/20 that she would not allow herself to be photographed while holding a gun, as to allow the media to portray her as less than a model citizen.  The part about her not caring about what other said and the fact that she thought people needed to get their facts to understand that the 2nd amendment is about personal rights, not collective rights.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotta give Dateline credit, it was an excellent segment, and Suzanna Hupp did her usual great job presenting our side.
I think the principal who said he didn't want to be "responsible" to stop a crazed lunatic attacking him and his students, shows why we'll never get them to see the importance of CCW everywhere and anywhere.
We have a country full of people who don't think they should be responsible for protecting themselves or their loved ones.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We have a country full of people who don't think they should be responsible for protecting themselves or their loved ones.
View Quote

very accurate observation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I missed it!!!! Do they replay dateline later??? I really want to see that segment....
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't believe that NBC would have a story that was PRO-gun if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Good story. Did anybody else notice the unsafe gun handling by that guy with his two sons? The guy is showing how to load a revolver, and one of his kids is leaning over the table and looking right at the gun barrel. That guy needs a refresher course. [whacko]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lemme see if I can get this straight.

1) Federal Government is going to issue a public statement that the Second Amendment is an individual right.

2) NICS records might be instantly destroyed here in the very near future.

3) Federal government tells the U.N. to take a flying leap this week wrt Global Gun Grab.

Drumroll please.......

4) A national media news outlet airs a balanced segment concerning gun issues. The segment did not contain any militia members espousing the overthrow of the Federal Government or hillfolk who seemed to not know what a toothbrush is.

Pinch me.
View Quote

A week ago we were all in a tizzy about the U.N. conference. And now, everything is coming up roses?

Something is wrong here. I'm not used to this.

Probably some evil plot to put us off guard and then screw us over in one fell swoop.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Enjoy it while you can, because "zebra's don't change their stripes."  The media will be back to bash the gunners when the political wind changes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A week ago we were all in a tizzy about the U.N. conference. And now, everything is coming up roses?

Something is wrong here. I'm not used to this.

Probably some evil plot to put us off guard and then screw us over in one fell swoop.
View Quote

Your right about that, just give me a little more time...  [smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top