Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2001 12:43:22 PM EDT
That thread on "AR configuration you'd bet your life on" has me thinking.  If you had to use a tele-stock, which do you think is the strongest/most reliable currently available?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
That thread on "AR configuration you'd bet your life on" has me thinking.  If you had to use a tele-stock, which do you think is the strongest/most reliable currently available?
View Quote

I beat the poly M-4 slider to hell and back, no signs of wear! More important, I think is the tube, the slider rides on, I'v seen some that are real flimsey and thin!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i prefer a Colt tele-stock. it has a metal buffer tube, thus stronger overall, but then again, perhaps the poly version has more flex, therefore better resilliency - i don't know, i just prefer metal over plastic. also, freezing my cheek to the metal tube in winter doesn't concern me as i prefer the 3rd hole out instead of fully extended to the fourth, so my cheek-weld is on the plastic stock, not the metal tube.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i prefer a Colt tele-stock. it has a metal buffer tube, thus stronger overall, but then again, perhaps the poly version has more flex, therefore better resilliency - i don't know, i just prefer metal over plastic. also, freezing my cheek to the metal tube in winter doesn't concern me as i prefer the 3rd hole out instead of fully extended to the fourth, so my cheek-weld is on the plastic stock, not the metal tube.
View Quote

My second choice is colt metal, but the poly slider has a high quality heavy, CNC machined metal tube, with 4 holes! This poly slider gives more reach, and can sit higher on your shoulder, than the colt, great for CQB when shouldered. Another goodie with the poly is that there is no noise to contend with as in the all metal design, while the noise in the metal version can be reduced or eliminated but can be a pain in the ass at times, when ti starts to make noise, this is a consideration to some of you!
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
which do you think is the strongest/most reliable currently available?
View Quote

The Colt, any of them.

Proper concentricity and depth, timing lip, milled receiver plate, aluminum buffer, drain hole, milspec hard coat anodizing, no rattle, compression molded plastic instead of low temp injection molded drek, reinforcements and rounded edges on the stock, a latch pin that is replaceable, adjustable and removeable, staking notches and wrench notches (not an easily stripped hole) on the lock ring and threads turned off behind the section that gets used.

Extra work=extra $.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top