Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2005 1:36:47 PM EDT
www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=86773

Tecumseh Resident Remains Critical After Four Snake Bites

OKLAHOMA CITY(AP) _ A Tecumseh man remains hospitalized in critical condition after being bitten four times by two different snakes.

James Cave's wife Gloria says Cave was working at a garage near his home Sunday when he felt a pain in his foot and reached down and was bitten in the hand and foot by a pygmy rattlesnake.

Gloria Cave says Cave then fell backward over a barrel and onto a copperhead that bit him in the foot and groin.

Cave's son and a neighbor drove him to a nearby hospital where he received antivenin and then was flown to an Oklahoma City hospital where he remains.

Neil Garrison with the Martin Park Nature Center in Oklahoma City says it's unusual for someone to run into two poisonous snakes at once. And he says snakes usually don't strike unless provoked, stepped on or humans just get too close.

Garrison says one tip is to never put your hands or feet into areas where you can't see.

Talk about THE SUCK!!!

Oh yeah, thanks for the freaking advice Garrison. Too bad you couldn't have gotten to the guy in WA state before the horse did.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Good God.

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
"I hate snakes."  - Indiana Jones.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
His knickname is "Lucky"

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
That'll buff right out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Some days, you shouldn't get out of bed. That was one of those days.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I just heard a story the other day of a guy that works for the RR bent over to pick up a tie plate and was bitten on the hand by a water moccasin.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, walk it off..
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, that'll buff right out....

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a run-in with a pygmy rattlesnack playing Greg Norman's Shark's Tooth course in the panhandle in FL.  Four of us were looking for a ball in the woods when I almost stepped on one.  That little bastard was viscious!   He came after all four of us.....screw the new Pro V1!
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
As a child, my sister was bitten on the ankle by a copperhead. My parents took her to the hospital. The doctor waited five days to give her the serum. I guess at that time you could only have this particular serum once. All they did was ice it down, until they gave her the serum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top