Site Notices
7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Heat Bag.
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:28:41 PM
I received this via e-mail from the President of our local pistol club. This is something very, very rare. He didn't say if this came from friends of his, or if it is just one of those e-mail things that makes the rounds. Hopefully not a dupe.

Story and pics--

This note and pictures from a friend of the person who found the deer

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience!
Mark seen this lil feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Moma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark...
Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever seen. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going to send him to a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotten along with... So, one of Dads best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda reluctantly, but,, I called him and told him the deal. He came right over. of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he was going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him.. So, he is gone now. We got alot of pix, and something we will never see again probably, so it was very cool. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but,, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ;( But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe laying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

ETA: before the morality police chimes in, I'm married...but I flirt like it's an olympic event..... --PlaymoreMinds
Dolomite
Baby take my hand...
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:35:35 PM
I'd dip that whole thing in an egg batter, dust it with Progresso Italian bread crumbs, fry the shit out of it, and serve it all up with a nice chianti.
Shelter is the privilege of the sane and competent.
Whitepitt
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:35:58 PM
Very Cool!!!!
hanau
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:37:34 PM
mmmm.....supper!

cwd10
Idiot savant
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:39:58 PM
WOW!
highwayman
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:40:14 PM
Whoah, white deer. Does anybody else that it's creepy with the pink eyes and nose? Creepy and yet cute at the same time, like Casper. MJD
A dumbass in a suit and tie is still a dumbass.
Mauser101
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:41:53 PM
Hmmmm. I recall pictures of a 4(6?) point albino buck being posted up here the other day.
PlaymoreMinds
Double Edged And Fragmented
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:42:20 PM

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
I'd dip that whole thing in an egg batter, dust it with Progresso Italian bread crumbs, fry the shit out of it, and serve it all up with a nice chianti.

<mental not never to ask Dolomite to babysit>

OMG Beekeep...it's breathtakingly beautiful! I just want to scratch him behind those ears!
It's not the round with your name on it; it's the one addressed "To Whom it May Concern," that you gotta worry about.
m-dc
I have learned everything I need to know on ARFCOM
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:43:51 PM
Nature never stops amazing me. Cool pics. Thanks
I could not be more proud than to be an American, given the choice I would have it no other way.
Gloftoe
Staph
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:45:32 PM
Let him grow up, mature, get a HUGE rack on him, and set him loose. Prize for the first hunter to take him.

That'd be one HELL of a cool thing to have on your wall!
Texas -
Bigger than France.
ShamusMcOI
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:54:07 PM
Cool pic Beekeeper, thanks for sharing....

I actually got to see an albino deer one. Looked to be a small doe. wasn't able to get any pictures unfortunately. But it was a pretty cool experience..........
Does Somebody Need A Hug?
axmurderer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:54:08 PM
What a CUTIE! I had to stop hunting deer myself, I have trouble killing such a beautiful animal. I do eat meat, and you have to kill an animal to eat meat, but I wouldn't kill that one even if I had to eat p-butter for the rest of my life.
Tomislav
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:54:21 PM

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

OMG Beekeep...it's breathtakingly beautiful! I just want to scratch him behind those ears!

Why would you want to scratch Dolomite behind the ears?
PlaymoreMinds
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:56:30 PM

Originally Posted By Tomislav:

Not Dolomite!!!! The Deer!
Although, Dolomite may be less inclined to dip things in bread crumbs if he got his ears scratched....
It's not the round with your name on it; it's the one addressed "To Whom it May Concern," that you gotta worry about.
PlaymoreMinds
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:58:57 PM

Originally Posted By Tomislav:

Not Dolomite! The Deer!
Although Dolomite may be less apt to dip things in breadcrumbs if someone DID scratch his ears from time to time
frozenny
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:59:59 PM
There is an old military base in Seneca NY. It was, for many years, walled off with a big fence. Within the fence generations of deer interbred, creating a LARGE number of white deer. These are NOT albinos (although the one in this post is). A member of my hunt club returned from a hunt there, and had a picture of about 8 very very nice bucks stacked in the pack of a pickup. If memory serves correctly something like 3 of them were white...

For a few pics: Local tree-hugger bunny-lover PETA type link
A-nus
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:04:18 PM
[Last Edit: 7/14/2005 2:05:46 PM by A-nus]

That thing is a demonic hell spawn, Draw down on it
Wildboar - "paint em up like big scary clowns. Maybe put a huge chainsaw on one arm."

.- .-. .---- .....
michaelj1978
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:15:32 PM
Deer, the other, other white meat.
"What I said was -- and back then, you know, Christmas and January were absolutely interchangeable. No, wait, was that medals and ribbons? Who cares, everything I say is interchangeable."
pyro6988
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:20:33 PM
Pretty cool, even if it does have demonic eyes.
#1 on the Protein folding team
#1 on the SETI team
DoubleFeed
Looking Over Strange Terrain
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:23:41 PM

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
Let him grow up, mature, get a HUGE rack on him, and set him loose. Prize for the first hunter to take him.

That'd be one HELL of a cool thing to have on your wall!

Then MrsGloftoe shoots it, mounts it, and gets complimented on what a great rack she has, without getting beaten by you.
God go with you...

And I DON'T envy God!
Researcher
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:34:32 PM
There is an albino doe running around where my parent's live. My dad sees is all the time. They got pictures from a distance so I will try to get them.
BenDover
Born Again Yeshua Freak
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:40:42 PM

Funny Dolomite... that was the first thing that I thought too. I wondered if it tasted like a normal deer.

Newsflash: God is indeed real and Jesus was indeed the Messiah come to save humanity from their sins.

skid2964
dangerous or dead, nothing in between!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:47:58 PM

Originally Posted By michaelj1978:
Deer, the other, other white meat.

beat me to it ..... I was going to ask if it had "white meat"
"full-auto fire is always exciting, but an event best planned for. spontaneity is good in many things, not, however, in firearms!"
Burley
Stay classy ARFCOM!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:51:28 PM

Kind of like a soft shell crab, eh?
Offering unwanted advice to the world since 1996

Ky_Bob
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:57:24 PM
Tag for home.
Do you really expect me to read all the drivel, er excuse me, post by other members? -Mister44
1Andy2
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 2:59:56 PM
Couple of years ago, there was an albino red tailed hawk lying dead on the side of the road. Someone had apparently shot him off the telephone wire with a .22 (and didn't even have the good sense to go pick him up for mounting).

So get this: the next day the papers headlines were "LOCAL POLICE LAUNCH INVESTIGATION INTO SLAYING OF ALBINO HAWK"

Let that baby grow up and you'd have an awesome trohpy for the wall. I wonder if the antlers will be white?
knightsar
Stay Safe DM1975
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:16:16 PM
cool!
God, hold our troops in your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us.
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts
they perform for us in our time of need.

ColonelKlink
Huge Nerd
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:22:48 PM
-2 for no napkin or gun

8/10
"I'm sorry. Yes, energy field good!"
operatorerror
Help me Jeebus!!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:25:58 PM
Photoshop!!!
ZW17
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:27:37 PM

Originally Posted By frozenny:
There is an old military base in Seneca NY. It was, for many years, walled off with a big fence. Within the fence generations of deer interbred, creating a LARGE number of white deer. These are NOT albinos (although the one in this post is). A member of my hunt club returned from a hunt there, and had a picture of about 8 very very nice bucks stacked in the pack of a pickup. If memory serves correctly something like 3 of them were white...

For a few pics: Local tree-hugger bunny-lover PETA type link

I can second this story, I have been there and seen them myself. Pretty cool creatures.
EVERYONE HAS A PLAN UNTIL THE FIRST 5.56 ROUND WHIZZES PAST

SorryOciffer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:29:27 PM

Originally Posted By axmurderer:
What a CUTIE! I had to stop hunting deer myself, I have trouble killing such a beautiful animal. I do eat meat, and you have to kill an animal to eat meat, but I wouldn't kill that one even if I had to eat p-butter for the rest of my life.

+1
hound
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:30:05 PM
tag just a tag
Which part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing you?
Gloftoe
Staph
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:33:10 PM

Originally Posted By SorryOciffer:

+1

Wow. "axmurderer".

NOTHING is too beautiful to kill. Especially when they taste soo damn good.
Texas -
Bigger than France.
Followthehollow
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:55:20 PM
Had an Albino Spike buck here in No. VA a couple years ago. Had it been season he'd be on my wall!
AUT_BELLUM
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:59:12 PM

It's a pleasure to see such a tender hearted axemurderer
JavaMan
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 5:46:14 PM

Don't forget the fava beans!!
thebeekeeper1
Heat Bag.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 5:49:56 PM

Originally Posted By Followthehollow:
Had an Albino Spike buck here in No. VA a couple years ago. Had it been season he'd be on my wall!

In many states it's illegal to kill "white deer"--usually piebalds are legal.
ETA: before the morality police chimes in, I'm married...but I flirt like it's an olympic event..... --PlaymoreMinds
ISED8U
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 6:03:57 PM
Cool pic. This is the second white deer I have seen. A friends dad caught a baby white deer when we were kids. They had to give it away when it got big enough to jump a 4 ft fence. Pretty rare. I wonder if the doe abandons these fawns when they're born out of shock.
thebeekeeper1
Heat Bag.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 6:10:49 PM

Originally Posted By ISED8U:
Cool pic. This is the second white deer I have seen. A friends dad caught a baby white deer when we were kids. They had to give it away when it got big enough to jump a 4 ft fence. Pretty rare. I wonder if the doe abandons these fawns when they're born out of shock.

Occasionally you hear of one (mentioned above even) surviving to adulthood, so the does must be willing to nurse them. The coloration is not conducive to survival due to predators, to be sure. In many cases "abandoned" babies in the wild have mama out of sight but not "gone." It's almost always best to just leave them alone. As this little one was in the road, it's hard telling what was "best" though.
1IV
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/14/2005 10:13:33 PM
It is a sign. Your generosity and love in this life has been recognised by God. You were supposed to find that deer. Be prepared for a bigger blessing.
"Suppot the arts... Buy some"

Gary Russell 2003
MrsGloftoe
DEE.....ARFCOM Den Mother!!!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:09:30 AM

This thread got Metafiltered.

www.metafilter.com/mefi/43526

Pretty sure the big black rifles are gonna scare a few folks.
<Gloftoe> mansausage TOUCHING mansausage?
thebeekeeper1
Heat Bag.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:21:38 AM

Originally Posted By 1IV:
It is a sign. Your generosity and love in this life has been recognised by God. You were supposed to find that deer. Be prepared for a bigger blessing.

If this was directed at me, thanks for the kind thoughts, but I didn't find it and I don't know who did. I received it in an e-mail.
thebeekeeper1
Heat Bag.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:23:39 AM

Originally Posted By MrsGloftoe:

This thread got Metafiltered.

www.metafilter.com/mefi/43526

Pretty sure the big black rifles are gonna scare a few folks.

WTF? You danged geeks. Between you and GoatBoy, I never know what you're talking about.
CajunMojo
CoonAss® Resident Oilfield Trash
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:31:02 AM
That's awesome, thanks for the pics.
Me? I'd be very careful who I talked to about this. It sounds like someone dangerous wrote it... someone who might snap at any moment, stalking from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 Carbine-gas semiautomatic...
bubba99
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:41:18 AM
TBK, If it proves too difficult to contain and raise, I need a quarter for jerky, please. Thank you.
Expert since 10:30am

deimos
Stare and the pussy will be revealed
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:41:32 AM

Originally Posted By A-nus:
That thing is a demonic hell spawn, Draw down on it

This post should be approached with an open mind, studied carefully, and critically considered.
thebeekeeper1
Heat Bag.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:44:47 AM

Originally Posted By bubba99:
TBK, If it proves too difficult to contain and raise, I need a quarter for jerky, please. Thank you.

I don't have it. (Read the text)

pieeater
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:54:25 AM
tag
Cry_Havoc37
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:54:36 AM
[Last Edit: 7/16/2005 1:04:02 AM by Cry_Havoc37]

That you could even say that about such a rare and beautiful animal!!!

FIXT
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to get the other bastard to die for his"...Patton

" shoot them....shoot them both "
thebeekeeper1
Heat Bag.
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:57:42 AM
Cry_Havoc37, please remove the personal attack from your post and read two things--

1) The Conduct Code

2) The dictionary definition of "joke."

Thank you.
bobbyjack
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:57:50 AM
Some of you guys don't realize the real importance of White,rihnos,tigers,elephants,deer and even the White Man(an endangered speacies)!

Kill it and Grill it is not allways the right responce!!!

Cool Pics thanks Bee! The neatest racks I've seen were the Happy Birthday Striker pics!!!!!!

Bob
Never forget Sarg Troy Jenkins a real Hero,and CPL Dunham they live side by side! Hell is full but Heaven hath no boundries!
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2