Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2001 6:46:21 PM EDT
http://www.colt.com/colt/html/n_news_12.html

Colt Snakes Emerge From a Long Hibernation

West Hartford, Conn.—June 27, 2001.......Colt’s Manufacturing Company is proud to announce that the Python (.357 Magnum in Stainless Steel, 6" Barrel) and Anaconda (.44 Magnum in Stainless Steel, 6" or 8" Barrel) revolvers are now available.  See your dealer for details

==============================================================================

It's Back, The Colt 1911A1

West Hartford, CT.—July 2, 2001. . . . Colt’s Manufacturing Company announced today that the first  production of the classic Colt 1911A1 is ready for shipment.

Throughout American History, Colt firearms have given  American Serviceman the confidence to succeed in a fight. The Colt Walker and Peacemaker revolvers and the Colt 45 contributed immeasurably to American success in past conflicts.  Colt’s M1911A1 pistols were in the hands of confident American Servicemen during WWII, the Korean War and the Viet Nam conflict when our Nation demanded they, once again, go into harms way. Without question, the performance and reliability of the Colt M1911A1 earned the confidence of our troops.  Colt’s unmatched history of leading Americans into battle, from the Mexican-American War to Operation Desert Storm,  will continue well into the 21st Century!

In recognition of the contribution of the Colt 45 (M1911A1), Colt’s Custom Shop will replicate this special edition Colt 45 in every detail including packaging.   Production of the famous Colt 45 will start in June 2001. Colt’s has scheduled only 4000 units for production.

Features
-Pre Series 70 firing system
-Lanyard loop on arched serrated main spring housing
-Original WWII Rollmarks
-Parkerized finish
-Steel trigger
-Widespur hammer, safety and slide stop with original serration's
-Two magazines
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, looks like another management change AGAIN.

Do they have revolving doors in the corporate offices or what?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  How much?

Bet it's TOO MUCH.  Colt spends too much time trading on its name.  Even so, it's good they are doing this I thought they were damn close to out of the civilian firearms business.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw one yesterday in my local shop, brace yourself
[b]$995[/b]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
For that kind of money, I can get a tricked out Kimber CDP.  [rolleyes]

I took a look at the "new" Colt 1991.  I am not terribly impressed with the plastic trigger.  For less than $100 more, you can get a nice Springfiled or be within reach of a basic Kimber.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Typical colt, way overpriced for what you get.
to many other higher quality 1911's at lower prices.
Why pay for the pony ???
Kinda like their AR's huh. just insert AR15 where I wrote 1911. same story
[frag]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Kimber all the way!
My first was the custom target.
Then the Ultra compact.
Then the Custom ultra compact.
Then the 4 inch alu. frame (shot that tonight)
Great guns. No Colt feels like em! or shoots Like em!
Ok my 70's gold cup is close.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Gold Cups were made for target ammo. I have seen
some that were warped by people using hot ammo in them.
They can bring back all the crap they want I
will never give another $ to them. I will still
buy used ARs and used 70 series 1911s but no new
guns. Same for Smith, used not new.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a 6" Anaconda about 5 years ago, and traded it off last year... I know I will buy another ASAP.

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I want a Python 357, but only if I can get it in that BLUED finish they used to make...
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I've always had a serious jones for a 6" Royal Blue Python, but somehow I doubt the new ones will be up to the quality, fit, and finish of Colt in its heyday.  And of course I expect the "suggested retail price" will be outrageous.  I'll probably pass on the latest offerings, too.  Too bad.  Colt was a fine brand for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I've wanted a blued Python since I was a kid, but given the opportunity I'll buy the stainless version if this is all they are going to offer us. So this is definitely a really good thing. Let's hope they make em like they used to.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I would be terribly concerned about the quality of the new guns. I have heard that they laid-off a lot of people who build the guns, and if they couldn't afford to buy millions of dollars of CNC machines.  So whose is building the guns, people that they dragged off the streets and paying them minimum wage?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gold Cups were made for target ammo. I have seen
some that were warped by people using hot ammo in them.
They can bring back all the crap they want I
will never give another $ to them. I will still
buy used ARs and used 70 series 1911s but no new
guns. Same for Smith, used not new.
View Quote

hangfire IS ABSOLUTLEY CORRECT!
Gold Cups are T_A_R_G_E_T  P_I_S_T_O_L_S...
Absolutley not meant for combat ammo. The fit is entirely too tight...Even if you change the recoil spring, you will hurt your Goldie with hot ammo.
Never ceases to amaze me the shit dudes run through Gold Gups, then bitch when the gun rattles like a GI surplus A1...
When the parts are hand fitted to tight tollerences (like on a gold cup) and exposed to the jarrinf effect of fiesty ammo, the fit is loosened a lot faster then on a standard 1911, since the parts have no leeway to move during recoil. All they can do is compress against each other.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, for Pete's sake...here we go again.  Colt has, for years,  been arrogant and unresponsive, produced overpriced stuff and jacked us around time after time.  Their quality stunk, especially on the 1911's and their dealer support was zip. We're supposed to wait patiently outside in the alley when they decide to stop selling to us, then crawl back when they decide to throw us a bone.

Anyone who wants to go sniveling back, have at it.  Colt can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#16]
it seems to em that the majority of people buying colts these days (accepy preban ARs) are buying it for the name ex when i got my bushmaster (should have neer sold the damn thing) i was out sighting it in and the guy next to me is like oh yeah well mines a colt. so im like heh lets c about that so i proced to have a little match with him. beat him badly. so much for his being a colt
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I "might" consider a Python, but when it comes to 1911 style pistols there's only one for me and thats Para Ordnance. I've never bought a Kimber because S&W does their forgings. Besides once you've had 16rds in a 1911 you can never go back to just 7 [:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw a deal on a six inch blue Python, early '70s vintage, back in October at the pawn shop.  I grabbed that sucker.  Only thing is that it is too pretty and minty to shoot!

I am betting the new Colts will be nowhere near the quality and two or three times the price.  Colt has a name like Harley-Davidson, next we'll be seeing "Colt" festooned on all kinds of junk just because of the name.  Not that Harleys are bad, but all the assorted crud out there with the Harley name on it is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know what the new Python is selling for?

Also, does anyone know if the Python is Maryland friendly (comes with the cartridge case)?

Landwarrior...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top