Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2001 5:59:24 PM EDT
What makes a good Tac-sling? Who makes a good tac-sling? Width of material? material? Hardware, aluminum or plastic?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, you can keep all the bells and whistles as far as all the great tac-slings go.  It's just more to get tangled up in when you can't afford to be tangled up.  

That said... I prefer a plain old M-60 sling.  

Loop it under your right arm over the left shoulder.  Your AR will fall in a natural position about mid chest.  Allows rapid transitions and can be held secure or slipped out of in a hurry.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
As a tactical sling, The Giles Sling by the Wilderness is best. It is a modified H&K sling in nylon. It is wide enough to allow for tactical hang positions that are both comfortable, and fast. For target shooting, the Turner Saddlery M1907 sling is tops. For the usual, I prefer a VietNam era USGI nylon sling in OD that was developed for the M14 to replace the rapidly rotting cotton sling.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
So far, Giles sling gets a vote. I have the same config SARguy on a shorty. like it, but not the best.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]

I just use an HK green multi-purpose web sling from an MP5 on my M4. Had to remove the clip that attaches to the rear of the gun and just ran the sling under the top of SPEC-OPS stock spare mag carrier strap. This prevented the rifle "roll-over" when slung across the body. I know the MP5 slings are way over priced but they have all tried to copy the design without matching it. Trust me, I think I have tried em all!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of weapon will you be using it on?
I put a HK91 sling on my M1S90 and like DEMO D
I had to lose the metal clip on the sling and
thread it through the stock ring.
I have a nice TAC sling on my carbine. It features a quick release on the fore end and
is marked ACW  NY NY 10018. I can't recall the
mfg.. It may well be ACW.
Could someone put up some pics of tac slings?
I could use two more myself.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]

I've always preferred this one myself:

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/slings/12624561.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I put a tactical sling made by Tactical Tailor on one of my ARs. I love the sling it is well made and heavy duty. The sling is comfortable and can be utilized in a number of different ways. The owner of of the company is a former Army Ranger and really had the soldier in mind when he built this sling. Its better in my own opinion than the issues slings they give you in the military. In fact I believe one of the Ranger Battalions uses this sling. You can get it righty, lefty, or ambidextrous.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Matt Daugherty:
I put a tactical sling made by Tactical Tailor on one of my ARs. I love the sling it is well made and heavy duty. The sling is comfortable and can be utilized in a number of different ways. The owner of of the company is a former Army Ranger and really had the soldier in mind when he built this sling. Its better in my own opinion than the issues slings they give you in the military. In fact I believe one of the Ranger Battalions uses this sling. You can get it righty, lefty, or ambidextrous. No Slack!
View Quote

Sounds good, got any pics?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just use an HK green multi-purpose web sling from an MP5 on my M4. Had to remove the clip that attaches to the rear of the gun and just ran the sling under the top of SPEC-OPS stock spare mag carrier strap. This prevented the rifle "roll-over" when slung across the body. I know the MP5 slings are way over priced but they have all tried to copy the design without matching it. Trust me, I think I have tried em all!
View Quote

I'm with Demo-D.

I use the HK web sling on any long gun I can fit it on to.

On my M4, I used a GG&G rear sling thing for the rear clip of the sling.

HANGFIRE, you should be able to use the clip on the rear sling point of the stock on the M1S90, but I had to crimp it to keep it from falling off from the recoil.

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm with Demo-D.
I use the HK web sling on any long gun I can fit it on to.
On my M4, I used a GG&G rear sling thing for the rear clip of the sling.

HANGFIRE, you should be able to use the clip on the rear sling point of the stock on the M1S90, but I had to crimp it to keep it from falling off from the recoil.
View Quote

Yep, Mine kept falling off, I crimped it so well
I broke it intwo. Thats why I threaded it[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for the Giles sling. The strap is nice and wide and the ergonomics of the fastex hardware just works. It lets the rifle hang butt: high and right/muzzle: low and left. This keeps your right hip/thigh holster clear for transitions.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for Giles. I have the standard Giles on my CAR15 and the USMC Tri-Glide on my M4gery.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another vote for Giles. I have the standard Giles on my CAR15 and the USMC Tri-Glide on my M4gery.
View Quote

PICS PICS PICS SOMEBODY PLEASE POST SOME PICS!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.thewilderness.com/Pages/home.html[/url]

[url]http://www.tacticaltaylor.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.cqbsolutions.com/[/url]

There might be a pic of the HK tac sling here. Try looking under rifles or accessories:
[url]http://www.sturmgewehr.com/pics/[/url]
View Quote

Thank you Big Bear[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top