Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/12/2001 11:31:10 AM EDT
In case you didn't know, it's a gay/lesbian gunowners group, but you don't have to be gay to join. Do a search for pink pistols-many web sites will pop up. They say they ain't taking any more shit.

This could get complicated for generally conservative gun groups. Do we shun them or "embrace" them?

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends what's more important to you - the support of a group who shares a common interest and concern, or showing intolerance towards a group who is different but isn't shoving that difference down your throat.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Like the AIDs ride, more people are not gay doing the ride.  

Support them
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]
(A) Who you sleep with is none of my business.
(B) If you don't think we need every single bit of help we can get, you don't understand the situation.
As far as making it "complicated" for gun groups...I think it'll make it a far sight more complicated for the liberals.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#4]
What they said.

I'm more concerned about my individual rights than I am their lifestyle/sexual preference.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Depends what's more important to you - the support of a group who shares a common interest and concern, or showing intolerance towards a group who is different but isn't shoving that difference down your throat.
View Quote

Unfortunate metaphor, but I tend to agree..

Excellent point about the liberals, Celt.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Support them of course!

Lord knows that they are amongst the people who need guns the most.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
It also helps break down the stereotype that we are a bunch of camo-wearing, toothless, dirty morons who run around the woods murdering small animals.  We need a diverse group of gun owners in all walks of life to be as vocal as possible.

By the way, no offense intended to any camo-wearing, toothless, dirty morons who run around the woods murdering small animals.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#8]
None taken, Chimbo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]
First, I'd like to say that I'm pleased and surprised by the responses to this point.  I had expected (based on comments in other threads) to see the typical homophobic comments.  I'm your basic caucasian heterosexual male, and I don't happen to feel threatened by the existence of homosexuals.  I don't understand, in fact, why the entire homosexual community doesn't support the Pink Pistols group given the obvious hostility of a small minority against them.  As Celt said, who you sleep with ain't my business.

But this was perfect:
Quoted:
It also helps break down the stereotype that we are a bunch of camo-wearing, toothless, dirty morons who run around the woods murdering small animals.  We need a diverse group of gun owners in all walks of life to be as vocal as possible.

By the way, no offense intended to any camo-wearing, toothless, dirty morons who run around the woods murdering small animals.
View Quote
ROFLMAO!  Who says gun-owning conservatives have no sense of humor?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell if they want to join let them that many more voices to help protect our personel freedoms. I am straight and I know that so sign them up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I should, though, confess to a small bias.  I'm straight myself, but think the more gay guys out there the better.  Matter of fact, if all guys were gay but me, I'd not work another day in my life.

Lesbians are another matter......
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#12]
dude, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

that's my favorite site to e-mail my liberal friends!

gays don't really bother me- i got over my sexual identity crisis years ago. there not going to change MY mind. i don't mean this to sound belittling, but i find many of 'em quite thoughtful and amusing.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Let them have the Freedom to do what they want, isn't that what we want?
I agree with everybody here.

By the way, I still have three teeth left [BD]
Ice
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]
we need more pro RKBA people what u do in your own private life doenst matter.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Is AOL anti-gay, anti-gun or both?

I tried to find the Pink Pistols website using AOL's search engine and it couldnt find them.

Tried again on Netscape and boom- there it was.

Does AOL censor its search engines- or are they just inept?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I've posted about them here before.   I first heard the name mentioned on the Jay Leno show during one of his opening monologues.    Took a look around on the web and found their webpage, I've got absolutely no problem with them and welcome them to our side of the fight.

There aren't too many groups out there who so blatantly defy the typical stereotype the media has set forth where all gun owners are "low class redneck militants", when this group enters the scene suddenly there is little basis for making those claims or being able to successfully get away with such claims.   This group only helps to prove that gun owners make up every segment of society and that firearms ownership can truely be a good thing.

Personally I think it's refreshing to see.   Check out their logo, something that isn't quite so obvious but once you figure it out it is something that you can kinda respect.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I should, though, confess to a small bias.  I'm straight myself, but think the more gay guys out there the better.  Matter of fact, if all guys were gay but me, I'd not work another day in my life.

Lesbians are another matter......
View Quote

I would have to agree with you on that.  But as long as they don't hit on me i'm cool with it. They want to help protect my freedom I say go for it. [8P]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#21]
For those who have been looking for the Pink Pistols web site:

[url]www.pinkpistols.org[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#22]
You could be one of them and just not know it.

[url]test.thespark.com/sfgaytest/sfgay.cgi[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually, it's those bisexuals I feel sorry for, imagine wanting to f*ck EVERYONE you meet!

Sorry,I know I always post that quote when there is a homo topic. I like it.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#25]
No problem with the pink pistols but they are gonna have to dig their own fox hole. [:E]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I support them.

If I was a member of any group that suffered from hate crimes like Jews, Gays, or women, I would totally support the 2nd ammendment.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Just wait until we start seeing paper money with "GAY GUN OWNER" stamped onto it... :)  It would probably make the news.

Smalls

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#28]

From their website:

We are dedicated to the legal, safe, and responsible use of firearms for self-defense...
View Quote

They're OK.
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, hi there...I'm the founder of the Pink Pistols chapter near Philly. *grin*  I'm glad to see such positive statements about the Pink Pistols from you guys!  We believe the same things you do...that we have a right to self-defense, and that we should take responsibility for our own safety, instead of cowering in fear all the time.  

So we get permits, get trained, get armed, and carry responsibly and wisely...and hope we never have to use them.  But we will if we MUST.  Because we're as deserving of happy, safe lives as anyone else!

--- Gwen (da lesbian gun-nut)
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Doug Krick, the founder of Pink Pistols, is an acquaintance of mine.  He is a good dude.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Doug Krick, the founder of Pink Pistols, is an acquaintance of mine.  He is a good dude.

GunLvr
View Quote

He certainly is.  I've known him for about 10 years now, from when he lived in the Chicago 'burbs.  I think "good dude" is an understatement. :I
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Lady ArdRhi,
Welcome to the wonderful world of The Black Rifle.  Hope you enjoy your travels here.  I pretty sure that you'll find that everyone here shares equal views on the 2nd admendment.  As a word of warning....you will also find that quite a few also enjoy envoking the 1st amendment....which is not necessarily a bad thing.  Just be ready for it, and exercise your own 1st amendment rights in return!

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
WELCOME!!  You sound as sweet and charming as the better known ladies here who aren't, uh, as far as I know . . . uh, gay!!  LOL  I am pleasantly surprised that the comments here are overwhelmingly positive.  Certainly gun owners need to hang together!!  I hope you hang out here often and contribute to the base of knowledge/info that is shared--not just about firearms.  Again--hello and welcome!

Mike (thebeekeeper1)
View Quote

Well, thanks for the welcome, and I plan to stick around.  It looks like a witty and erudite crew hereabouts. *grin*

I don't *always* talk about firearms, though I do like to talk about my babies...my FEG PJK-9HP is my favorite...dead-on accurate and sweet to shoot, and my little .32 H&R Magnum revolver (for carry) is multiple-head-shot accurate at 10 yards, short barrel and all.  I've got my pushbutton gun-safe on the wall next to the head of the bed, with magnets inside to hold my guns secure.  Now I'm hoping for a nice .30 M1 carbine...I had fun shooting one at a 2nd Amendment Sisters Ladies' Day shoot, and want to get one of my own someday.

Hey, I *did* say I was a gun NUT, after all! *blush*
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

Lady ArdRhi,
Welcome to the wonderful world of The Black Rifle.  Hope you enjoy your travels here.  I pretty sure that you'll find that everyone here shares equal views on the 2nd admendment.  As a word of warning....you will also find that quite a few also enjoy envoking the 1st amendment....which is not necessarily a bad thing.  Just be ready for it, and exercise your own 1st amendment rights in return!

View Quote

*LMAO*  Oh, believe me, I'm well-practiced at THAT.  I've actually had far more trouble with a local bisexual group than with other firearms groups, even fairly conservative ones.  The bisexual group was shocked to the point of apoplexy that I would even consider carrying one of the Eeevil Gunz, and the flamewar that ensued was as gruesome as it was pathetic.  

Thankfully, I was not the one being flamed -- I sat back and watched as they started bickering about whether they would have rules about "gun-free zones" at their club meetings or not.  It was a moot point...I don't *go* to their meetings...but they were so threatened, they HAD to start making rules immediately.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Solomon Short once said "opinions are like rectums...everyone has at least one...and they frequently stink".  But, to carry the metaphor way too far, if one tries to block off the source of opinion too forcibly, the resulting explosion can be most...distasteful.  *grin*
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Skip the M1 for now and check out the LEGP M4gery for $660 in LEGP forum.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Skip the M1 for now and check out the LEGP M4gery for $660 in LEGP forum.
View Quote

I may.  My experience with rifles and carbines is extremely limited.  I plan to try a number of different ones before I actually make a purchase...but the M1 I tried was really sweet, and lots of fun.  I'm sure there are others that would be just as nice, or better.

What I'm going to avoid is shotguns.  I can't hit ANYTHING with one. :P
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hopefully we can get you behind one of those evil, black rifles you keep hearing about.  They are the BEST!!  It sounds as though you are more serious about firearms than most women--that makes you very cool in my book.  You will have a blast with the M1 carbine.  Very fun gun.  [:D]
View Quote

Hey, I'll shoot anything once!  I'd love to find someone with one of those .38 Casull autos, so I could try it...the writeup I saw on it looked serious cranked.  If I find someone with an AR, I'd be more than happy to give it a try.  Come to think of it...the gunshop I do webpage work for has 'em...maybe the owner has one we can go shoot sometime.  I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If your mind is not made up on the carbine, they really have gotten a little more pricey than they are worth.  Fun gun, but that is about it, unless you relish the history behind them.  The caliber stinks for anything but fun.  The AR-15's are very useful for many things, including self defense, and are VERY fun.  We have many members in PA who will, no doubt, be happy to help.  They are accurate, not too expensive, cheap to feed, effective, and most of all--politically INcorrect!!  [BD]
View Quote

My friend, my mind is NEVER made up on ANYTHING til the FFL does the transfer. I'm always open to new ideas, and utility, economy, and effectiveness speak volumes.  But being politically incorrect is the best part!  [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#43]
OK getting off topic here, but beekeeper don't knock a good .30 cal. GI carbine with a 15 round mag stoked with Silvertips.  Light, handy, low recoil, and out to say 200 yards it is pretty darned wicked.

Welcome Pink Pistols and associates.  I am surprised but pleased that such a group even exists as generally the gay community tends to be associated with all the classic leftist BS.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just wait until we start seeing paper money with "GAY GUN OWNER" stamped onto it... :)  It would probably make the news.
View Quote

I posted this as a topic for discussion on OUR list...and my lifepartner popped up with "Hey...it might not be a good idea to be passing a piece of paper to someone at a cash register that says you have a gun.  It might be mistaken for a holdup note".

I think it would make the news...but not in the way we would want it to.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
lady ardrhi- welcome, and PLEASE find the time to shoot an AR sometime- they are the most fun AND serious guns around (well... without going full auto, of course). very good all around rifle, especially in the carbine format.

View Quote

Thanks, Hank...I'll try.  The range I like best (the one I'm taking the Pistols to this month) will allow full-auto if you're licensed for it, so if I get the opportunity...*grin*  But I'll be more than happy to blast away in semi-auto.

and on that note, I'm going to toddle on off to bed.  It's 1am here in Philly!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Lady ArdRhi Junior Member PA,  US
Welcome! Glad you came.

The AR is a much better rifle then the  M1 carb.!!!
Obviously the AR is still on active duty.

I have Shot lots of action matches and AR's all ways out preform the M1 carbs.

I must say I have seen many woman shooting the AR's with great results!

Shoot every thing you can then, look at your needs get some good advice and buy as many as you can with lots of ammo to blaze through at the range and have fun!
Don't forget to turn on some one else to the sport of shooting!

Join the NRA!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Welcome Lady ArdRhi!  Glad you made it here.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Are the Pink Pistols supported, rejected or just ignored by the "mainstream" gay organizations?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top