Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed that they gave the Libertarians A+s on their report cards.  

I don't care if they're gay, I just don't want to hear about it.  I don't want to know about what my straight friends do either.

Good for them, they've figured out the quickest way to stop gay bashing is to pull steel.

I SAY, INVITE THEM TO AR15.COM!!!  Let them join our party.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck I just took a pair of gay gentlemen with on my last range trip...they'd never heard of the pink pistols.  Now they have, and they are interested.  [:)]  Big, small, gay, tall, gun owners one and all. [:P]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If they support the constitution they way it was written then I don't care what color their pistols are. I support freedom, what ever else they do I don't want to know. We all stand together or we hang seperately.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Lady ArdRhi, typically all the gals I take out shooting end up falling in love with the AR15.  It's a whopping sissy of a rifle when it comes to felt recoil but it's otherwise quite capable.   My ARs have served as great "learning" rifles where as soon as we're done with the wimpy little 22lr. bolt action rifle we move on to the ARs.   Wait until you find out just how versatile the little things can be, if you ever wanted to spend A LOT of money on just one firearm the AR15 will really help you empty your wallet or hike up your credit card debt all in very short order.  It's an addiction and just like with drugs, it's not the first hit that costs you it's the ones that come after it.   The first rifle will likely be fairly cheap or affordable but it's the accesories or the other rifles that follow that will cost you dearly. [:)]

A sample of what are all basically the same rifle, [img]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/compgroup.jpg[/img]

And for all of us here who invite the pink pistols to join the fight for our rights?   I think the attitude here is that we've received more than our fair share of what has become a politically correct and socially accepted crusade against our gauranteed rights, we're fed up with the discrimination we receive just because we might own firearms or a certain type of firearm.   On a whole I believe there are a good majority of people here who just simply aren't willing to further perpetuate prejudice based upon their experiences as firearms owners, call it  enlightenment I suppose.   And we certainly aren't about to push away or alienate other responsible minded firearms groups.

Now, having gotten all the serious stuff out of the way.

--- Gwen (da lesbian gun-nut)
View Quote

Hope you won't think me too much of a macho male pig if I tell you that I smiled at that and for whatever reason it made me think of a bunch of beautiful gun toting nymphs running around out in the fields enjoying an afternoon of shooting and eachother's tender embrace.  

Well, that's it my credibility is shot.   Guess I just couldn't fight the urge to be a typical gun toting white male macho pig.

Till the next time I stick my foot in my mouth,

uglygun(mostly harmless)

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Mole Eye, I'm LMAO.
Chimbo..are you talking about Ted Nugents relatives?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Lady ArdRhi
View Quote

"Lady High King", eh?  Interesting handle.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
HOLY CRAP!!  I'm 45% gay!!  That's gayer than average!!

So, are you guys busy tonight?  I'm about 5'8", bown hair, brown eyes, Sagitarius...

My fiancee is going to be upset.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm 19% gay.  Does this mean I have to give up my honorary Pink Pistols membership?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
As far as I'm concerned, anybody who doesn't care enough about themselves and their loved ones to get serious about their safety, deserves what they get. I am happy to hear that there is an organization like the Pink Pistols and I hope they prosper and grow, we need all the gun owners we can get!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm 19% gay.  Does this mean I have to give up my honorary Pink Pistols membership?
View Quote

heh i got 47% no big deal im secure in my sexuality [:D]  so where do i sign up i like to support as many pro gun groups as i can
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mole Eye:
Actually, it's those bisexuals I feel sorry for, imagine wanting to f*ck EVERYONE you meet!
View Quote

Wouldn't that statement also apply to all lawyers regardless of their sexual preference?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
You could be one of them and just not know it.

test.thespark.com/sfgaytest/sfgay.cgi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the test and it said I was 30% "gay." I about shit until I read on and it said that is less gay than average. I have no idea what the 30% part refers to. Must've had my ass kicked one too few times. LOL I can't wait to have my wife take the test later.

I am 22%
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I think this Pink Pistols deal is great!  Gays deserve to be safe and have a right to self-defense.

The more special interest groups (gays, women, minorities) that get involved with taking personal responsibility for their own safety, the sooner this gun control BS can end.

The death of gun control will finally come when we figure out how to unite.

This could be a real problem for liberals and the mainstream media.  How can they possibly demonize gay/lesbian groups?    

dave@shadows
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#14]
They are cool, we have to stand together or go down one at a time......let me rephrase that. OK Lead, two real sweet looking bi girls want to share your foxhole WTSHTF?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#15]
After reading some of those test scores I think I'll skip the test..

You can't be a male obsessed with Charlize Theron and Jennifer Love Hewitt, and be gay, can you?? ( not that there would be anything wrong with that..)

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Calvary Arms makes a pink lower reciever for a AR-15.  I think that would catch some eyes at your next meeting.  

http://www.cavalryarms.com/

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Not to stir up an anthill, but I notice we haven't heard a peep out of the Religious Right in this topic.  

Actually, I'm quite proud of their restraint in the matter!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Depends what's more important to you - the support of a group who shares a common interest and concern, or showing intolerance towards a group who is different but isn't shoving that difference down your throat.
View Quote

Unfortunate metaphor, but I tend to agree..

Excellent point about the liberals, Celt.

View Quote

I didn't like that "shocked" icon after I saw it.  [8D]

But that is an Unfortunate metaphor.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I took it as a gay woman and got a 61%.

My wife only got a 14%, guess there goes my dream of a three way with her best friend.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have to admit I'm surprised by the answers here.  After all, the media says conservatives are the gay-bashers, (not to mention oppressors of minorities, oppressors of women, polluters, stealing food from the mouths of babies, global warming, etc.)right?
View Quote

Actually I would say that the people who frequent ar15.com tend to be mostly libertarian in bent, rather than purely conservative. There are some exceptions of course (one of them is a moderator! [:D] ) but that is my general impression.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#22]
i think we tend to be very accepting of each others belives and tastes maybe becosue we all are armed [:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lady ArdRhi
View Quote

"Lady High King", eh?  Interesting handle.....
View Quote

Yep...been using it for years...because it gets just that reaction from those who know Gaelic. [:)]

-- An Equal Opportunity Monarch --
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lady ArdRhi, typically all the gals I take out shooting end up falling in love with the AR15.  It's a whopping sissy of a rifle when it comes to felt recoil but it's otherwise quite capable.  
View Quote

Well, I'll have to try one and find out.

And for all of us here who invite the pink pistols to join the fight for our rights?   I think the attitude here is that we've received more than our fair share of what has become a politically correct and socially accepted crusade against our gauranteed rights, we're fed up with the discrimination we receive just because we might own firearms or a certain type of firearm.   On a whole I believe there are a good majority of people here who just simply aren't willing to further perpetuate prejudice based upon their experiences as firearms owners, call it  enlightenment I suppose.   And we certainly aren't about to push away or alienate other responsible minded firearms groups.
View Quote

I don't like prejudice based upon stereotypes.  I think people should take other people at face value, and try to get to know them as individuals.  To always treat them first as a member of a group, even in the face of contrary evidence, is lazy at best and criminally stupid at worst.

Hope you won't think me too much of a macho male pig if I tell you that I smiled at that and for whatever reason it made me think of a bunch of beautiful gun toting nymphs running around out in the fields enjoying an afternoon of shooting and eachother's tender embrace.  

Well, that's it my credibility is shot.   Guess I just couldn't fight the urge to be a typical gun toting white male macho pig.
View Quote

I will never condemn a man for being a man.  And, between you, me, Connie Chung, and the rest of the guys here...I like beautiful gun-toting nymphs running around out in the fields enjoying an afternoon of shooting and each others' tender embraces, myself!  The Swedish Bikini Team was just in a photo spread at a shooting range...severe droolage! *giggle*

So I guess I'm just a machette pig along with you.  *LMAO*
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Actually, it's those bisexuals I feel sorry for, imagine wanting to f*ck EVERYONE you meet!
View Quote

Wouldn't that statement also apply to all lawyers regardless of their sexual preference?
View Quote

Actually, that's the difference between bisexuals and lawyers...bisexuals don't always want to f*ck *everyone* they meet...but lawyers do!

Bisexuals, while they ARE attracted to both sexes, DO occasionally suffer from good taste. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#26]
This could be a real problem for liberals and the mainstream media.  How can they possibly demonize gay/lesbian groups?    
View Quote

Are you serial?  They've had LOTS of experience at that.  There's this quote from an LA Times article earlier this week:

[I]There's Assemblyman Paul Koretz (D-West Hollywood), for one, long a fervent gun control advocate, who scoffed at the group. "It's a lot of hype and scam," Koretz said. "I would be shocked if any member of our community is a member of that group. It sounds like a front for the NRA."[/I]

The Pistols is NOT currently affiliated with the NRA.  Chuck Heston doesn't cotton to us queer folks...and frankly, they want us to do too much paperwork.  We're happy as we are for now.

But that doesn't stop some political pinhead from minimizing us.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#27]
OMG!!!!

When the hell
did the clinton era liberal lexicon
start being used as a guideline
for fill in replies?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=37716[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I welcome the Pink Pistols to the fight.  We both need all the help we can get.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
OMG!!!!

When the hell
for fill in replies?

View Quote

'Scuse me?

He asked how the media could demonize the gay & lesbian community.  I just responded with an example of what someone thought was a slam.

I didn't think it was one...but Koretz did!

I think I'm getting confused by this system's interface, too...I didn't see where that article had been posted already.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#33]
OMG!!!!

When the hell
for fill in replies?

View Quote

This is not a response to your
reply, but is a reaction to
replies on pages one and two which are too numerous to quote.
The link is provided so as to direct attention to and perhaps encourage someone to respond to my reply.

RE: Sue Peabody member of the Pink Pistols-

Not that she's gung-ho gun-obsessed, she hastened to add.

"I just don't understand why the gun lobby doesn't like background checks," she said. "I don't see what the big deal is to wait two weeks to get your gun."
View Quote

And I said:
Coming from someone who purchased
a handgun as protection from a prowler
this seems odd.
Why not say:
"I got mine,
now who cares about everyone else?"

If this is one of "us"
I must not be one of "you"

Of course I realize
that Sue Peabody may not represent
whatever stance the group as a
whole will adopt publicly.
View Quote

So as a member of the group, representing the group here, where do you stand on waiting periods and backround checks?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#34]
The only criticism I have of the Pink Pistols is their choice of a name.  IMHO using "Pink" tends to reinforce stereotypes.

That said, I fully support them!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#35]
So as a member of the group, representing the group here, where do you stand on waiting periods and backround checks?
View Quote

Speaking for MYSELF, not for the Pink Pistols, I personally do not agree with the concept of waiting periods and background checks.  There is no evidence that they reduce crime one iota, and plenty of evidence that they contribute to it, in the form of innocents killed by stalkers who could get their illegal weapons immediately, while the law-abiding victims waited helplessly for their legal guns to clear the waiting period.

No, I do not agree with Sue Peabody...there is plenty for the "gun lobby" to find wrong with background checks.

But that is MY opinion.  I do not speak for the Pink Pistols.  I will say that I have directed a comment on this point to our national mailing list, and will relay comments from them back here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
The only criticism I have of the Pink Pistols is their choice of a name.  IMHO using "Pink" tends to reinforce stereotypes.

That said, I fully support them!
View Quote

The name of the group was chosen as a tie-in with an article from Salon magazine, written by columnist Jonathan Rauch, in which he coined the name.  Here is a link to the original article he wrote: [url]http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2000/03/14/pistol[/url]

The opportunity for a ready-made tie-in was simply too great to pass up...and with the way it has taken off, it has worked, stereotype or no.  It HAS gotten us good exposure...even Jay Leno has made fun of us twice!

Rauch said it with irony.  We said it with conviction.  And it *worked*.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#37]
As the founder of the Pink Pistols, I think I can address the question regarding the official position on background checks and the like.

All 20,000 (or is it 30,000+ by now?) firearm laws in this country are 100% unconstitutional.

If you look at the website (http://www.pinkpistols.org) you will see at the bottom of the page the questions we ask candidates, and their responses.  People who fail to (pledge to) abolish gun laws, or support some of the existing laws, get a lower score.  It was enough to knock 1 Libertarian from a 100% (A+) rating to a 90% (A-) rating, if I remember correctly.

Doug Krick
founder, Pink Pistols
[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Actually, as a member of the religious right, I have no qualms against being on the same side of an issue with gays, lesbians, whatever, so long as it's the right side of that issue.

It's just too important to quibble over something that I simply don't want to know about.  I'm a raving heterosexual, but I don't want to hear what my neighbor and his wife did in bed last night, either.  Keep it to yourself!

I've always thought that Hanoi Jane had a point back in the 60s when she said 'any Black Man in America today who doesn't own a gun, is a G--D--- idiot.'

Well, [u]anyone[/u], today, who does not have a gun is indeed a G-- D--- idiot!

Eric The(Sorry,IChokeOnSmallBones!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't have any problem with them.

As I have been involuntarily forced into asexuality, who you sleep with is of no concern to me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Uh-Oh!! I think I'm a lesbian (I love womenz)[:D] Imbrog, you might be one to!![:D] But sriously, while I don't approve of the lifestyle, I have no problem with your choice.

I do subscribe to the adage " The enemy of my enemy is my friend" So, with that,Welcome Lady ArdRhi,Doug Krick,and anyone else who would join the fight.[sniper]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top