Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 12:29:02 PM EDT
Hello, I need help with my HK.  I have an HK USP .40sw handgun.  I want to put some Trijicon sites on it.  Problem is, I dont know how to get the sites off of the gun.  I'm quit sure its not any big deal, just dont want to take the chance on tearing something up.
                                 thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello, I need help with my HK.  I have an HK USP .40sw handgun.  I want to put some Trijicon sites on it.  Problem is, I dont know how to get the sites off of the gun.  I'm quit sure its not any big deal, just dont want to take the chance on tearing something up.
                                 thanks
View Quote

The best way is with a trijicon sight pusher, but those cost a bit.

If you don't have one, or can't borrow one, just tap them out with a brass punch and rubber mallet.  Make sure you tape up the slide VERY well, so you don't damage the finish with a errant blow.  Don't forget to mark the old location of the irons, so you can know where to line up the new ones.  

The rear Trijicons are usually a VERY tight fit, so I had to sand down the base of mine, in order to get them to fit.

If you aren't sure about yourself, let a gunsmith do it.  Better to pay $30 than to scratch up your slide or damage the trijicons.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Orion:

On the standard size USPs, the sites can be removed by pushing them out of the dovetail slots... You can do this the hard way, by hitting them out with a drift punch, or you can make a "site-vice", basically, a small metal (usually aluminum, so as not to mar the finish), u-shaped device, which fits over the slide, and has a pin with t-handle that moves in and out by threads to push the sites out.

Your best bet, I'm afraid, would be to go to your trusted gunsmith. Shouldn't take more than half an hour, and $30 max.

Happy (illuminated 3-dot) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies guys...Kinda sounds like maybe a gunsmith will be the proper choice in this matter.  LOL.......Do these sites "zero" themselves.  In other words, are they self aligning?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top