Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 9:54:26 AM EDT
and that I should curtail the generalization of LEO's as bad?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude, you have yet to meet me, probably one of the nicest (and coolest) of NY's Finest.  We're not all dicks.....
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't say I think you suck, but I think you are being a bit unfair.  I have run into plenty of asshole cops.  But you know what?  I've run into plenty of assholes at the range too.  I've run into plenty of asshole foreigners, black people, white people, hispanics,  etc.  You only notice the actions of a few when you find them detestable or they impact you personally.  The reality is that it is probably a fairly small percentage of these people causing the problems.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a problem with anyone who says

LEOs suck. Blacks suck. Germans suck. Americans suck.

Shows how shallow one is.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

ALL generalizations about people SUCK.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]
You suck, but not because of the LEO bashing. You suck for a whole lot of other reasons.
[(:|)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a problem with anyone who says

LEOs suck. Blacks suck. Germans suck. Americans suck.

Shows how shallow one is.
View Quote

I'v only referred to LEO's, you infer I made statements about blacks, germans, americans, when I never have, why?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You suck, but not because of the LEO bashing. You suck for a whole lot of other reasons.
[(:|)]
View Quote

Ok, it's good to vent, let it out!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe if you started your "I'm pissed at this police-oriented deal" posts with an actual anecdote about something that happened to you and addressed a specific incident or officer, your opinions could be judged on the merits of reaction/overreaction to the incident or officer in question. Instead, it usually appears that you extrapolate one or several unfavorable examples to be representative of the entire profession.

Dude, I've been muzzle swept by jackasses on the pistol range, and when I was on active duty, I met some Marines that I would have loved had drummed out of the Corps. But to assume that all shooters or Marines or baton twirlers or nuclear physicists are dicks because you detect a hint of it in one or two just ain't fair, and you wouldn't like it if it was done to you. If it is done to you, address the problem at its root, not in a broadsided scathing attack against something in a way that is guaranteed to be offensive to folks that are most likely to agree with you to a certain extent, but not when you smack them in the face with it. Tact and consideration should be your watchwords. I'm sure that's what you'd like to receive in your next interaction with a police officer.

Of course, I could just be talking out of my ass.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it is pretty much a for gone conclusion that, for the most part, everyone here think you suck. I think the only question that remains is do you swallow.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe if you started your "I'm pissed at this police-oriented deal" posts with an actual anecdote about something that happened to you and addressed a specific incident or officer, your opinions could be judged on the merits of reaction/overreaction to the incident or officer in question. Instead, it usually appears that you extrapolate one or several unfavorable examples to be representative of the entire profession.

Dude, I've been muzzle swept by jackasses on the pistol range, and when I was on active duty, I met some Marines that I would have loved had drummed out of the Corps. But to assume that all shooters or Marines or baton twirlers or nuclear physicists are dicks because you detect a hint of it in one or two just ain't fair, and you wouldn't like it if it was done to you. If it is done to you, address the problem at its root, not in a broadsided scathing attack against something in a way that is guaranteed to be offensive to folks that are most likely to agree with you to a certain extent, but not when you smack them in the face with it. Tact and consideration should be your watchwords. I'm sure that's what you'd like to receive in your next interaction with a police officer.

Of course, I could just be talking out of my ass.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
View Quote

Great response!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#13]
You start with the conclusion that before coming across this post, we had given you the time of day...
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#15]
No, my friend, you do not suck. You are one of us, I believe, who simply may have had some less-then-pleasant experiences with LEOs.

One day, I'll regale the Board with my personal less-than-pleasant experiences with LEOs, wives, kids, lawyers, other lawyers, and other assorted fellow creatures, but for now, let's all keep our eyes on the prize and sally forth against our common enemies!

As I've mentioned before, we are the only army in the history of mankind that gets its kicks from shooting our own wounded!

Erid The(DidIMention'Lawyers'?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#16]
i dont know you well enough to have an informed opinion. i do think some of your remarks have been ill-considered and mean spirited.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think it is pretty much a for gone conclusion that, for the most part, everyone here think you suck. I think the only question that remains is do you swallow.
View Quote

WHIP THE LITTLE FELLA OUT, AND WATCH WHILE THE GLIMMER OF STEEL REMOVES IT FOR YA, THEN ASK IF I SWALLOW!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#18]
No, I don’t think that you suck.
At least you believe in the 2nd Admement, so you can’t be all bad… right? I have met several very fine LEOs during my lifetime (I am 30), but unfortunately I have come cross an even greater number of LEOs that were downright pathetic. In general I try to be as open minded as possible, and not to be stereotype LEOs, or anyone else, for that matter. I demand the same amount of respect from a LEO as he gives me. I have never once been to jail or convicted of any crime other than a couple speeding tickets. I do NOT say “yes/no Sir” -  I say “yes/no Officer”. IMO, the use of “Sir” is total BS unless you are in the Military.

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#20]
You are childish and crave attention. Maybe you will grow out of it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

do what i do, hate people on an individual basis!
View Quote

Now that IS the spirit!

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#23]

andreusan,
Just one time, ONE TIME, post something positive.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The idea of judging any person based on a minority of bad people in their profession sucks. What purpose do these kinds of posts serve?
View Quote

Self serving cry for attention.

sgb
View Quote

Yeah, kind of like most of the cops on these boards. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#28]
andreusan, what about me? little or no respect?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Andreusan, whats up with your E-mail?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ALL generalizations about people SUCK.
View Quote

Garandman, let's not generalize about generalizations. It's not fair to them.

...just playin,

-Coal-Cracker
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I could really care less if you don't like cops:
Really.

Do what ever you want.

[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/flashing_lightbar.gif[/img]

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I believe that this is the internet not church, I support the police most of the time. Generalizations, who cares, sometime they make things more interesting. I am no angel and don't want to be one, hate me if you want to, I give a shit.

edited: damn,angle/angel
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I think it sucks that you even asked the question in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think it sucks that you even asked the question in the first place.
View Quote

Actually, it is a test, to see if the same ole board members would respond! IT WORKED!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#35]
So this thread was started with the intent of trolling or baiting for responses.  Seems to happen a lot here.  Some people might think it's tragic but if this is what turns you on, hey, knock yourself out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#37]
My wife sucks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know if you suck or not. I do know I do disagree with your generalizations of my profession. I know there are asshole cops, well guess what? There are asshole non-leo types as well. If you would recall that this board tends to attract LEO's who are 1.) Interested in the AR15 series rifle. 2.) Based on this, it would seem that you have something in common. 3.) So it would seem that all you are doing is causing hate and discontent among the folks who are on YOUR side.
You have a right to your opinion. I also have the right to disagree. And with your generalizations, I disagree.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't know if you suck or not. I do know I do disagree with your generalizations of my profession. I know there are asshole cops, well guess what? There are asshole non-leo types as well. If you would recall that this board tends to attract LEO's who are 1.) Interested in the AR15 series rifle. 2.) Based on this, it would seem that you have something in common. 3.) So it would seem that all you are doing is causing hate and discontent among the folks who are on YOUR side.

You have a right to your opinion. I also have the right to disagree. And with your generalizations, I disagree.
View Quote

I will curtail the generalizations, as of today!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#40]
[i]Do you suck?[/i]
You could, but I don't know you enough to say yes or no.
[i]Have you over generalized?[/i]
Yup, it's human nature to be "conditioned" to one thought pattern given exposure to a consistently similar, but different, stimuli - i.e. a bad cop over all cops
[i]Are you ignorant?[/i]
No, just misguided by a bad case of I-hate-cop-itis.  My recommendation is to find and associate yourself with honorable and courteous law enforcement officers to forego any symptoms of this strange epidemic.

You have been served.
[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top