Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 6:27:20 AM EDT
I've got a Kimber Pro Carry, the one with the aluminum alloy frame, and I've put something like 6K or so rounds through it. The feed ramp up into the barrel is a little dented and scored from feeding so many hardball rounds and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a steel jacket or something that I can have put in there to cover the aluminum.

I just put new Wolff springs in it because the recoil spring was a little mushy, and a steel ramp would extend the life of the pistol by quite a bit, I expect. Anyone have any idea if this is possible?? Thanks.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

------------------
"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes, and the other is the Bill of Rights."
--Major General Smedley D. Butler, USMC
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
View Quote

Yes, there is a steel section that can be installed in place of the soft alloy, it can be obtained from Brownells at one time, you can make an insert, or better yet a ramped barrel could be fitted, but in either case the frame needs to be machined!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.m-guns.comm[/url]
This guy is great...go take a look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top