Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2001 7:08:38 PM EDT
I won this CDRW on eBay on May 20th. I made payment on May 21st. Didn't recieve it until June 28th and paid almost 18.00 in shipping.

So I install this thing and it does not work, won't make copies and it makes a REAL loud noise when it spins. Any, way I tried emailing him six times and no response. I ended up ording another one from Buy.Com, which I recieved in two days after ordering. I installed this new one and it works like a charm!

I have filed a fraud complain against him and left negative feedback. When notifing eBay I told them if they get in touch with them, I want my money back and I will ship this piece of %#@$ back to him.

Has anyone had any dealing with eBay and there "insurance" policy(have you recieved any compensation).

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1239005210
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your bad dealings on eBay. I go to look there a lot, but I rarely buy anything and if I do I contact the seller directly because eBay doesn't like that and it screws them out of money. I have heard nothing but hassles from them whenever anyone has any problems, like them telling people that they are only a venue and basically to deal with it themselves. Good luck in getting some of your money back.

Your first name doesn't happen to be Harry does it?

Michael
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
what did you pay him with?

I had to file  fraud on someone that did not answer emails and got no help from Ebay or Paypal. So... I called my CC company and they did a chargebach from pay pal,,"They did not like that at all!" they then restricted my account. so I dont use them anymore ?  OhhWell?
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your bad dealings on eBay. I go to look there a lot, but I rarely buy anything and if I do I contact the seller directly because eBay doesn't like that and it screws them out of money. I have heard nothing but hassles from them whenever anyone has any problems, like them telling people that they are only a venue and basically to deal with it themselves. Good luck in getting some of your money back.

Your first name doesn't happen to be Harry does it?

Michael
View Quote

Instead of speculating on what others have said, I suggest you go to eBay and read the rules, regulations, and user agreements. The above situation is specifically addressed and actions such as circumventing the auction process and, in turn, eBay, will get both the Seller and Buyer suspended and/or kicked-off completely. Think of it as CYA. Just like checking the seller's history and feedback as thebeekeeper1 suggests.
I've only had one bad transaction there. This guy had 1 neg and hundreds of positives, but in the 2 weeks after he won one of my auctions, he managed to rack-up over 30 some negs and NPB's.
He was kicked to the curb shortly thereafter.
Good luck, palmer.

CS
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What do I think of this?  I think I don't bid on items offered by sellers with 64 negative and 30-some neutral feedbacks.  Good sellers have ONE neg. for 500 transactions--and that is usually a curmudgeon no one could please.  No flame, I just do a significant amount of biz on ebay--never screwed.  Good luck.
View Quote

Agreed.
I have about 70 positive points to 1 neutral point, simply because I shipped the guy's item out about a half week late.  Let the buyer beware...

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
No, no relation to Harry Palmer! [;)]

Yes, he had negative feedback, I had checked it before placing my bid. However,  95% of his complaints are for slow shipping, I realized that and didn't mind waiting, waiting wasn't my major complaint. Obviously the CDRW not working was my major complaint.

Ya live and learn!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top