Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2001 7:59:08 PM EDT
The news bulletiton (sp) on this sites homepage says that some Mich. LEOs are against the new  concealed weapons carry law.  It doesn't say which agencies are involved or to what extent.  From my reading it seems that in other states most LEOs are in favor of Concealed Carry Laws.  Any Mich. LEOs want to set the record straight?  This is not meant to be a flame war, I just think that the news paragraph didn't state the facts very well.  I mean, one could get the wrong immpression from that article.  Agian, no flame war intended.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
(Disclaimer: I ain't a cop, either)
Our police ORGANIZATIONS here tend to be very anti-gun, but the individual officers have been largely quiet on the issue.  Probably don't dare voice an opinion, much.  The prosecutor's association, on the other hand, has gone nuts.  About 9 or 10 county prosecutors have resigned from their respective gun boards in protest, and they're talking legal challenge to the law.
Just can't stand the thought that they won't be god anymore.

"Gun control isn't about guns; it's about control"
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By no maam:
The news bulletiton (sp) on this sites homepage says that some Mich. LEOs are against the new  concealed weapons carry law.  
View Quote

The Ingham county Sheriff is opposed to it. No surprise since most Michigan cops are products of the local college system rather than professional academies.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 3:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The news bulletiton (sp) on this sites homepage says that some Mich. LEOs are against the new  concealed weapons carry law.  It doesn't say which agencies are involved or to what extent.  From my reading it seems that in other states most LEOs are in favor of Concealed Carry Laws.  Any Mich. LEOs want to set the record straight?  This is not meant to be a flame war, I just think that the news paragraph didn't state the facts very well.  I mean, one could get the wrong immpression from that article.  Agian, no flame war intended.
View Quote

I say disarm the police, or LEO's as they like to be called who do not want the citizens armed to carry concealed, or otherwise! They are the enforcers of the tyrants!

On another note: 3 Days of riots in Jamaca started over gun confascation, 20+ dead, but how come just getting to the news? [url] www.worldnetdaily.com
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Most agency heads will be against it.  That's because the Atty. Gen. Jenifer Grandholm is against it.  

She is positioning for the Governorship and Detroit elects the Governor here in Michigan (where 80% of the crime in this state takes place).  The crooks don't want this to come to pass either.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I say disarm the police, or LEO's as they like to be called!
View Quote

LEO's are citizens, if you don't like RKBA why don't you go to MMM website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top