User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 6:07:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
ibelieve they do
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some differences (I think).

While an AK mag will fit, it will not engage the mag catch. And the AK mag will not feed properly.

The mag catch will need to be modified OR the mags will have to have the rear tab shaved a little bit to lock.

The Saiga mag has a built up front lip where the bullet slides over on its way up to the feed ramp. So either the AK mags will need to be built up OR the feed ramp will need to be modified.

I have, however, heard of Saigas that will take AK mags with no modifications to either.

Maybe my friend has some sort of weird California version.

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You also have to install the correct number of U.S. parts to be fed. legal.  They're pretty fun little rifles with a Kobra red dot and AK-74 brake on them.  HTH

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
some will take them, some have to be modified (read: MOST) however i believe it is illegal to do so w/out changing out some parts to US parts.  I have a Saiga 308 win that can take modified GI M-14 mags...since they are US i think its ok to do so as well...it is for sale if anyone is interested...$425 shipped...email for photos...

thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top