Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 11:47:38 AM EDT
Hey guys, I spent the weekend in Central PA and did tons of shooting. I went to a range and saw a guy shooting an AR-15 with what he called a "Whisper .300" upper. It seems to use standard AR-mags and there didnt seem to be any modifications to the lower. The thing was minute of angle accurate and the guy also had a suppressor! Anyway, I REALLY want one now, and was wondering if anyone had any experience, feedback and/or contact info as to where I might be able to get one?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
J.D. Jones at SSK Industries.  The last number I have for them is 614-264-0176 in Wintersville, OH, but thats a few years old; you may have to call info or do an online search.

I've never owned or shot one, but I don't know that I'd bother.  Engel Ballistic Research (EBR) and I think another manufacturer are now making subsonic .223 for use with supressors.  Problem with the EBR subsonic is that it won't cycle the action - though I don't know that the Whisper will either.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top