Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 8:59:57 AM EDT
I went to my local range on the 4th to fire off a couple rounds (wink wink). It has been closed for the past 2 months while they re-did the entire range, and it re-opened on the third.
There was a trap shoot meet going on, so I was not able to get on the rifle range (it's a small club), so over to the pistol range I go.
After I set up a couple of targets I pull out the AR15 and start blasting. That is fun for about 15 minutes. Then the "evil black rifle" took over and made me load up 6 mags and bump-fire them one after another!
By the time the smoke and dust cleared I had 4 guys from the trap shoot over where I was at.
One guy asks me if that is a machine gun, I tell him no, it's just an AR15, machine guns are illegal in Washington State. Another guy is grinning and asks me how did I do that. I oblige him and show him how it's done.
The other guys walk off, so I show the guy how to bump-fire an AR15. He gets the hang of it after a couple of rounds, thanks me, and walks off.
About 10 minutes later one of the local Sheriffs walks out on the range while I am setting up targets.
He is cool, he asks me if I know anything about anyone shooting a machine gun. I tell him, no, and ask why. He tells me that he had a complaint that someone was shooting a machine gun off on the range.
I ask him if he knows anything about AR15's, he smiles and says a little.
Then I ask him if he has ever heard about the bump-fire. He smiles, and says oh yea. I tell him that was all I was doing. I ask him if he wants to check out my AR, he says nope, but he does eyeball it and he tells me it is a nice looking preban Oly.
Then he tells me that he is an officer of the club and he shoots there often with his AR15's.
So I ask him if it is against the rules to bump-fire, he says no with a smile.
I ask him who made the complaint, he says that it was one of the trap shooters who is a retired State Patrolman. Come to find out it was the first guy who asked me if I was shooting a machine gun.
The Sheriff says that the guy is a pain in the rear and not to worry.
I ask the Sheriff to tell the guys dressed in black not to kick in my door later on that night, I'll open it up for them.
He laughed, and said that they would probably be at his door before mine.
After he left I loaded up 6 more mags and set up a piece of scrap 4 X 4  from the targert holders and proceeded to cut it in half doing the bump-fire.
The sound of freedom!

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#1]
i was out at my range on the 5th and was alone for a while. started to drizzle and everyone went home. loaded up the mags for the Ak t otry out the bumpfire. i have only heard about it and never tried it. this was awesome! i also tried it on this little HIpoint carbine i got, 9mm. this was even better! i was pissed that i only got 10 round mags for that one. with a little more practice, i will be able to put all ten rounds on paper at 25 yards then work up to 50. quick fast waste of ammo but sure is fun!
-jay    [uzi]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THE BUMP-FIRE!!!!  ;)  I gotta know how.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THE BUMP-FIRE!!!!  ;)  I gotta know how.  Thanks
View Quote

ok...

first you hold the rifle in a certain postion, second you pull forward on the rifle a certain way, third you stick your finger in the trigger gaurd a certain way!

always try to help!

SteyrAUG
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
USNJoe,

Which range just got refurbished??
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Did somebody ask HOW the Bump Method is done???
Here's my explanation...
[url]http://members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html[/url]

BISHOP
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
Quoted:
View Quote

ok...

first you hold the rifle in a certain postion, second you pull forward on the rifle a certain way, third you stick your finger in the trigger gaurd a certain way!

always try to help!

SteyrAUG
View Quote

So, [b]Captain Obvious[/b], why did you sign your letter [i][b]SteyrAUG[/b][/i]?

Haven't you learned [u][b]not[/b][/u] to be an idiot, yet?

Mike
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, I can't explain how to do the bump-fire in writing. I think it is best taught as a "monkey-see monkey-do" type of training.

The range is the North Whidbey Sportsmans Association.

I wonder if I could be arrested for having a fully automatic pair of short pants....
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've pulled this off with a  preban underfolder norinco, but don't seem to get the same results with my Romanian SAR1.

I could empty the clip with the norinco, but only get a few shots off with my SAR1 before it jams.

Are AR's as easy to pull this off with? Or do they need more practice than an AK?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top