Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/7/2001 7:16:32 PM EDT
hey guys, I got a great deal on a complete BM upper from a friend, but the thing is that its a post ban configuration, but its going on my pre ban lower and so I am wondering how I can put a Flash Hider on it? Is it possible to thread the barrel or am I stuck to having to weld it on? Any info you guys can give me would be great and any place that I could ship my upper to that could do whats necessary. thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:19:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:24:17 PM EDT
Go to Kurt, he has a forum on this site. Putting the post ban upper on a pre-ban lower is fine. For what you planning to do is fine. An example of how your upper will be, just look at the pre-ban Colts upper without the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:44:56 PM EDT
Legally, you're all good. So long as the overall length of the barrel (plus flash suppressor) is 16" or greater, you are fine. However, if you want a bayonet lug, you will need to replace the entire front sight post. This is [b]not[/b] something you want to do unless you [i]really[/i] know what you're doing. My suggestion is to either call Kurt at KKF and see what he has to say OR trade your upper for a preban version. (The second option may cost you less, especially after adding in shipping, insurance, packaging, etc., costs.) Good luck! Mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:57:08 PM EDT
the upper isnt a restricted item unlike a highcap mag so u can thread the barrel add a bayolug and add anything else u damn well please to it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:58:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By prebans: However, if you want a bayonet lug, you will need to replace the entire front sight post. This is [b]not[/b] something you want to do unless you [i]really[/i] know what you're doing.
View Quote
There is actually an adaptor bayonet lug out that is designed to be used on post ban uppers. I believe Tapco sales them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:57:19 AM EDT
bkss67 Email me at tanenbom64@yahoo.com and maybe we can work out a trade. I have a Bushy Dissipator in a preban.
Top Top