User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 4:08:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure. I like the idea...but how do we/you/us prevent someone from cheating?  Especially where there are desirable prizes to be won you can be there will be someone who will hedge their bets and fudge some. There always is, unfortunately.

Keep the prizes simple, an AR15 T-shirt or coffee mug, etc. and most cheaters probably won't bother to show.

Excellent idea and I'll give it a go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
We just have to trust the integrity of our fellow AR15.com brothers and sisters.
View Quote

Is Captain Obvious going to be in on this competition?  [;)]

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Garand man, simply sign your signature to each official target in ink. That should keep it honest.(not that anyone here would think of anything otherwise.)

sgb[:D]
View Quote

I was planning on marking each one, the biggest way to cheat would be shooting from closer than 100 yards.

BTW, Garand Man is a whole nother dude.
View Quote

Yeah, the issue of "Cheating" is that we have no one to referee...ourselves!  But nonetheless, I'm in - and I'll shoot at the 100 yards as intended.  

One thing though...I know I'm not that good, and have no intent of paying money on something that I have no chance at winning!  I'll exempt myself from winning any prizes (pssh, like that would happen anyway), but I'll put [i]a few[/i] bucks in the mail for the trouble of organizing the targets that [b]*I*[/b] will supply myself (standard 1" scoring rings, 2" wide X).  

How about we do this though.  We don't only tell who won, but also we pit ALL of the participants scores against each other...not so much out of "I wanna see how badly I can beat this guy", but rather more as "I want to see where I stand against other shooters like me".  We'll need an iternerary though, such as a standard 20-shot offhand and 20-shot prone, then send them in for scoring.

Whatever you do, I'd like to see where this goes...I'm in.
[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like fun, count me in.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Could we not just select a target from one of the online target sources?  We could then all print out the same targets and have at it...

We could then either mail them in or post pics here for comparison...

As Jewbroni said....I am not a very good rifle shot.( I am an IPSC Shooter) but it would be fun to play around with you guys.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Great idea on the downloadable targets, I have to find my link for the UN Target...
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I won't compete in this one.
Garand Shooter, I will take care of the "judging".
Whatever that may entail.

Lew[smash]

Edited 'cause I was stupid
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
i like it where do i sign up
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I won't compete in this one.

Lew[smash]
View Quote

[i]Beotch[/i], you better not!  Lord knows you wouldn't have to cheat the system to slay every other shooter out here.

But I'm good for the idea about having a universal target.  We need to have them with a sufficient amount of aiming black for ironsights though, say around 7 or 8" wide (100 yard standard).  This would come to about the width of printer paper, and you could easily tape these to a larger target.  If anybody finds anything that looks standard, shoot it up here (no pun intended).

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Kevin@AR15com_1&2:
We just have to trust the integrity of our fellow AR15.com brothers and sisters.
View Quote

Is Captain Obvious going to be in on this competition?  [;)]

View Quote

Hey you prick, just for that, I WILL enter this competion!
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Just use SR-1 100 yard military type
targets.
The entire black and majority of the 8
will fit on an 8.5 X 11.

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Captain O,
What do you expect? The heartfelt "I'm sorry", that you left will make all of the folks here instantly forgive you?

RELAX Francis!

If you will quit responding to each shot you get, the flames will die down......eventually.

Garand Shooter,
If you would like a hand, I'll be glad to assist. I'll also kick in a couple prizes.
Shoot me an e-mail, I don't stray far.

Lew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top