Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 3:07:56 PM EDT
I just got back from a gun show.  Anyone for $30 thermolds and orlites?  $50 colt 20 rounders. A used Daewoo with a butthole stock for $980. There were a few honest dealers with fair prices but these guys were far and few. I saw a mint preban competition HBAR for $1250. We dont have to worry about the liberals shutting down the gun shows.  The greedy bastards that take part in the shows will kill them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got back from the Crossroads show in Phoenix.   I wish I could sell my stuff for what some dealers want.   Of course, I didn’t see too many people buying at those prices.
There were some pretty good deals.   I purchased a case of WIN Q3131A for $168.00 from Miwall.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]ARDOC[/b], I'm with ya.  I've got a gun show report for the Waukesha, WI one that's going on this weekend.

Uggh...  It sounds like we had the same dealers.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I constantly complain about the foolish prices.  I guess someone pays them.

Really, $219 for an M1916 mauser that Federal sells for $89?

But then again, picked up a cool 7" upper for the 16 for $150...
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
i guess it depends on where u go. and u have to know what to look for maybe i just got lucky but the shwos ive been to have some fair prices just got to know what to look for
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
GUn shows are great places to go and handle guns. Pick up a variety of guns and see which one you like the best. Sometimes you can find a good price but usually I find some guy who's selling it from a "Private collection" so no background check but you pay twice what its worth. I've bought a few guns at gun shows if you are looking for a specific gun and you happen to find one there at a good price. Most of the time I find what I like and buy it elswhere. usually can get ammo and accesories pretty cheap at fun shows though. THeres just something great about alot of guys standing around a great number of guns bullsh&%ing that seems familiar. Thats probably why I spend so much time on this site.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't say i've had a really negative experience at any gun shows lately. In fact, I always find some pretty amazing deals. Last show here in portland OR., I found bins of 20 round Colt mags for 20$ each.I like to actually see what i'm buying beforhand, as opposed to mail order.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got back from the Crossroads show in Phoenix.   I wish I could sell my stuff for what some dealers want.   Of course, I didn’t see too many people buying at those prices.
There were some pretty good deals.   I purchased a case of WIN Q3131A for $168.00 from Miwall.
View Quote

I was there today too, there was more knifes than I have evenr seen at one of the shows down here...did ya see the price of the .308's?  i forgot wich table but $70 for 1000 british...
[sniper]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It can take looking, but I can usually find something good to buy. Plus it can be fun to see all the other freaks, and find new stuff you hadn't seen before.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to the show in Puyallup-outside of Seattle, on Saturday. This show renewed my faith! The show is huge. Of course there were some high prices, but the majority were pricing fairly, even underpricing many items. I came away with three full bags of mags, parts, and some ammo. There were literally dozens of quality pre-bans that were well below market price. I would have bought more if I didn't have to fly home. Excellent show!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top