Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 7/7/2001 1:24:36 PM EST
I had the best time today took my son shooting. He shot the 10/22 target rifle with heavy bbl and stock. I shot the winchester 70 heavy varmint 223 rem and the M1A. Looking forward to doing it again. I think my son is hooked. Just wait till he starts with the AR15 and pistols. I think I got a loyal shooting partner. Thank God Finally after all these years!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:31:17 PM EST
Congratulations, I can garuantee your son did love it. Luckily my uncle took me hunting. I sure wish my father had. I'm 19 and way ahead of the shooting curve now. [0j]Subvertz
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:52:05 PM EST
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26515[/url] Heres a link when I took my son the first time. How old is your boy.Was this his first time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:54:32 PM EST
i have a friend that does a lot of father son compition. his wall is covered in trophys. him and his oldest son get 1st, and him and hin youngest son get 2nd place
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:02:04 PM EST
He is 12 and he shot out of state before but this was a real shoot where we stayed for a while and I tought him. He shot the 10/22(scoped) at 200 yards and he was in the black on a 200 yard target 75% of the time. He wants to go next week again. I guess I have a new shooting partner. He did well I am proud. At 16 he can go for center fire rifles. I am thinking of making an AR15 in 22LR just for him. I got the extra receiver. I am a proud father I feel like giving out cigars.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:36:02 PM EST
You should be proud! I have my son's first grouping from a Crossman air rifle and his first grouping from a 10/22 hanging above my work bench. He was six the first time he shot them. He's seven now. I take him to the range with me whenever possible.
Top Top