Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/27/2005 7:02:26 PM EDT
I remember his old variety show, always with a drink and lots of women and the "Gold Diggers".
When I was young I never noticed but I see old footage of him on commercials and he looks pretty light in the loafers and I cant rember him ever being married.
So was he a fag?
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
HELL NO!!!!!

Canadian's are gay...Dean Martiant was all man.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Although later in life Dean Martin was a recluse, it is rumored in Hollywood that Dean martin was gay. That's what I have heard from movie sources.

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Had 4 kids, was briefly a prize fighter, did odd jobs for the local crime syndicate, and when he took batting practice with the old Hollywood Stars of the Pacific Coast League (AAA) he could hit the wall.  Far from gay and IIRC he didn't really drink, it was all a carefully crafted image.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I met the gold diggers in person, and Dean Martin was not Gay. He had lot's of wimmins. The Gold diggers were anorexic no talent gals that HE made big, for a while. Dean was the man. His singing was beautiful.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell no, and anybody that says so should be beaten.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Where you thinking of John Wayne?
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
After his son died he went reclusive - or so I've heard.

I don't think he was ever gay.

I liked Dino!  And watched his variety show with my parents all the time.

I also liked his Matt Helm movies - as corny as they were....
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I remember his old variety show, always with a drink and lots of women and the "Gold Diggers".
When I was young I never noticed but I see old footage of him on commercials and he looks pretty light in the loafers and I cant rember him ever being married.
So was he a fag?

The man fathered seven children from three wives, and with his last wife, adopted yet another. He was a known womanizer. There is no fucking way in hell that Dean was gay. If you really wanted to know about Dean, try googling his name instead of this shit.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where you thinking of John Wayne?

Maybe it was Charles Bronson or Clint Eastwood he was thinking of...
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Uh, no, wife, kids,etc. Never heard any mumblings that he was gay.

Underrated singer, too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Dont get me wrong, I liked all the Rat Packers and still like Deano's music.
I'm just asking because he looks femmy in the old footage and I dont recall him being married. He looks kinda gay in the old footage, he does.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So was he a fag?

The man fathered seven children from three wives, and with his last wife, adopted yet another. He was a known womanizer. There is no fucking way in hell that Dean was gay. If you really wanted to know about Dean, try googling his name instead of this shit.

Bob

Relax pal, This place IS google. I asked a question, go google your bum.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm just asking because he looks femmy in the old footage and I dont recall him being married. He looks kinda gay in the old footage, he does.......and find myself having funny feelings; down there.....

fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't his son die when his Air Force National Guard fighter crashed?  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just asking because he looks femmy in the old footage and I dont recall him being married. He looks kinda gay in the old footage, he does.......and find myself having funny feelings; down there.....

fixed it for you.

Nice of you to notice. What are you doing looking at my crotch?

Anything you would like to share with the group?
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Vulcan94

Yes, back in the early 80's IIRC. And no, Dean Martin wasn't gay. He was from Stuebenville, Ohio for Gods sake!
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#17]
perhaps your thinking of Rock Hudson???
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Vulcan94

In 1987, just a couple of years before Desert Storm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Tony Curtis?
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Not gay.

In his day he was known as, "The King of Cool."
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony Curtis?

Now I'm confused. Are you saying that Tony Curtis was actually Rock Hudson or Rock Hudson was actually Tony Curtis? He was really a woman right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Dino Martin flew his F-4 into the Sierra Mtns, probable cause was maybe his oxygen hose came detatched,damn shame,I used to go by March AFB right around the same time on the way to FT Irwin. Dean Martin was never the same after that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Best quote about Dean Martin...

"Frank Sinatra thought he was god.  Dean Martin KNEW he was."

It's all in the attitude.

Arc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
HELL NO!!!!!

SGat1r5

+1

Dean Martin was cool as a mf'er.

No way he was gay

I can't believe you think that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#25]
(In Napoli where love is King)
(When boy meets girl)
(Here's what they say)

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big-a pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine
Like you've had too much wine
That's amore

Bells'll ring
Ting-a-ling-a-ling
Ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita bella"
Hearts'll play
Tippi-tippi-tay
Tippi-tippi-tay
Like a gay tarantella

When the stars make you drool
Joost-a like pasta fazool
That's amore
When you dance down the street
With a cloud at your feet, you're in love
When you walk in a dream
But you know you're not dreamin', signore
'Scusami, but you see
Back in old Napoli, that's amore

(When the moon hits your eye)
(Like a big-a pizza pie, that's amore)

That's amore

(When the world seems to shine
(Like you've had too much wine, that's amore)

That's amore

(Bells will ring)
(Ting-a-ling-a-ling)
(ting-a-ling-a-ling)
(And you'll sing "Vita bella")
(Vita bell-vita bella)
(Hearts will play)
(Tippi-tippi-tay, tippi-tippi-tay)
(Like a gay tarantella)

Lucky fella

When the stars make you drool just like pasta fazool
That's amore (that's amore)
When you dance down the street
With a cloud at your feet, you're in love
When you walk in a dream
But you know you're not dreaming, signore
'Scusami, but you see
Back in old Napoli, that's amore

(Amore)
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So was he a fag?

Bob

Just be glad you didn't ask if Lee Marvin was gay...
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So was he a fag?

Bob

Just be glad you didn't ask if Lee Marvin was gay...

Hey if the captain has the hots for Dino and can't take "Umm NO" for an answer from several guys, let him have his fantasy.

Rocco an de boys will be over later and splain it to him later tonight
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Nope I checked the list......Dino is not on it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So was he a fag?

You guys think anybody who can actually match his clothes is gay.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Are you kidding me? Hell no, he got more pussy by accident than most men get on purpose. He was also a very good friend of my uncles. I never got to meet him though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So was he a fag?

You guys think anybody who can actually match his clothes is gay.

Dom DeLuise has always struck me the same way but it appears my GayDar is slightly wonky.
Same for Patrick Stewart.....but in my defense, he's English, after all.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Are you kidding me? Hell no, he got more pussy by accident than most men get on purpose. He was also a very good friend of my uncles. I never got to meet him though.

And his son, Dean Martin Jr, was an F-4 pilot who died in a training accident.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Definatly NOT gay

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And his son, Dean Martin Jr, was an F-4 pilot who died in a training accident.

Could you imagine being as rich as DM, Jr and being a fighter pilot as well?

That would be fricking awesome!  
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony Curtis?

Tom Cruise?
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#36]
No but he was a drunk. He was quoted one time saying that your not drunk enough untill you have to hang onto the floor to keep from falling.

AB
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hey if the captain has the hots for Dino and can't take "Umm NO" for an answer from several guys, let him have his fantasy.

Umm I think I should get some say in this :(

Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Nope I checked the list......Dino is not on it.

whew, close one!

Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Matt Helm was up to his eyeballs in women. He would not have had time to switch teams.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#40]
wait a minute...................you can die in the air guard????

thats not what they said during the elections
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#41]
OF COURSE HE WAS GAY...... EVERYBODY KNOWS HE BROKE UP WITH JERRY LEWIS!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Bob

Hey Bob, Google isn't the know all-be all of Hollywood. There are things that happen that don't hit the papers. Having a child and being married don't stop alot of people from being gay in Hollywood. Trust me on this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Gotta say something about Dino Jr., in light of Eddie Albert's death,Dino was President or a high member of a Hollywood Club that was pro military,and those who served or were serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

Yes, back in the early 80's IIRC. And no, Dean Martin wasn't gay. He was from Stuebenville, Ohio for Gods sake!

Um... is there some "anti-gay force field" around Steubenville that might make your statement make sense?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony Curtis?

Tom Cruise?

If there IS a God (and I'm just using this as a figure of speech, there is)

TOM CRUISE IS NOT GAY! OR BI! If it "comes out" in several years that he IS (and I'm PRETTY confident he isn't, and it won't) THEN I might have to re-think the whole "God" thing (kidding ... mostly)

IOW, if he IS, we don't want him, YOU can have him BACK!

Quoted:

Hey Bob, Google isn't the know all-be all of Hollywood. There are things that happen that don't hit the papers. Having a child and being married don't stop alot of people from being gay in Hollywood. Trust me on this.

Um... having a child and being married doesn't stop a lot of people ANYWHERE from being gay. MOST people I know who are DEFINITELY gay (including 2 ex's) were BOTH (at one time) married, and had kids.

Though I frankly wouldn't BET $$ on Dino either way (I RARELY bet on ANYTHING that I don't KNOW the outcome/result)... I doubt if he ever dallied w/the boys. But ya never know... a LOT of folks poo-poohed us when we claimed Rock LONG before he actually came out... (BUT WE knew)same w/the Brady Bunch dad... the guy who played Samantha's Hubby on Bewitched....Liberache, (and on, and on...)
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

Um... is there some "anti-gay force field" around Steubenville that might make your statement make sense?

Does it really need to make sense? Does an internet discussion about Dean Martin's sexual preference make sense?

lighten up just a little.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Dean Martin was way too cool to take it up the pooper.  I'm sure he would have rather died.  Was he gay?  Not only NO, but FUCK NO.  Thanks for asking though
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

Does it really need to make sense? Does an internet discussion about Dean Martin's sexual preference make sense?

lighten up just a little.

Well, it would HELP if it made SOME sense... or if you were (sorta) joking to use an emoticon or something to convey that... ya know?

Quoted:
Dean Martin was way too cool to take it up the pooper.  I'm sure he would have rather died.  Was he gay?  Not only NO, but FUCK NO.  Thanks for asking though

Well... Cap'm didn't ask if Dean was a bottom... only if he was gay... as he has some affectations that are, apparently "suspect".... obviously, ALL gay men don't "catch" someone's gotta "pitch" `kay?

Gay 101 now closed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Some of you guys think Dean Martin ISN"T gay?

That guy is one obvious fag.  Everybody knows that.

Didn't he actually live with that guy that played Sherrif Taylor in Mayberry for a while?
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tom Cruise?

If there IS a God (and I'm just using this as a figure of speech, there is)

TOM CRUISE IS NOT GAY! OR BI! If it "comes out" in several years that he IS (and I'm PRETTY confident he isn't, and it won't) THEN I might have to re-think the whole "God" thing (kidding ... mostly)

IOW, if he IS, we don't want him, YOU can have him BACK!

Sorry Kacer, How long was he "married" to Nicole Kidman and how many kids did they have?
A straight man can't  be with a woman with her looks for long without gettting her knocked-up.
Proof? Demi Moore and child#? how many fathers?
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#50]
If I had to guess at who was a secret gay. Out of the thousands of actors and entertainers of his day Dean would be one of the last. Maybe second to last to only Sinatra or Lee Marvin. I mean WTF were you hoping or something?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top