Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2001 7:15:47 PM EDT
I want to get one that I can use hunting and while wearing a backback.  Its hard to put a holster on a weight bearing belt.  I'm looking at eagle and blackhack, don't need all the bells and whistles, and don't want to spend more that $70.

Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Worldskipper
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My personal favorites:

[img]http://www.buyitonline.ca/wonderlandavenueintimates/stock/p932d.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks critter, but I can't spend that kind of money right now.  I don't want to take a loan out for that model, long live the bachelor life!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You beat critter's ones or I should say two.  Get the Blackhawk one.  It is great.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The black one is the 'tactical' thigh rig, the red one must be some kind of gear for firefighters or other emergency crews.

Seriously though, go with the Safariland 6004.  Expensive, but it can not be beat as far as weapon retention and protecting your weapon from damage.

Personally I don't like nylon, one-size fits all holsters, but if you need it for more than one model of handgun, get either the BH or Eagle.  I believe their quality is pretty equal.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quality between the blackhawk and eagle products are glaring!! My wife uses an eagle thigh holster for her beretta 92 custom compact and I bought a blackhawk special ops holster for my delta elite and usp .45f to compare products. The fit, finish and price all go to the eagle. The blackhawk looks like it should cost alot less than the eagle when comparing quality.

Buy the eagle holster, you won't be sorry
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#6]
You may want to give Tactical Taylor a look see.

I wanted a tactical thigh holster for my Desert Eagle (aka big heavy) They were one of the few places I found that had a holster that would fit it.  It's a nice holster and the cost was $69.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for Blackhawk. Specifically the CQR holster.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Have used the Safariland 3005 for about 3 years now, 3 gun reserve matches. Stages have involved crawling and mine carrying and other activities like those. Has kept the weapon 100% secure and also the finish on my USP has stayed good. The 6004 model though has the SLS locking(the normal thumb strap has worked for me) , double leg strap and the leg cover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top