Posted: 7/6/2001 4:08:00 PM EDT
Any info on Essential Arms?
What year did they go out of business?
Any way to check for preban ss#?
Are they a good gun?
For any and all help I thank you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was before 94.So that makes them all pre ban.Confirm this though.I think there is something on the Build forum.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Not under the Eagle Arms of Armalite.
I was hopping it was.
Was a small companie it think?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I just traded onein. i think the company went out of busness in 89 . they had a 1 in 12 twist. mine did not shoot well. i paid  $600 for mine and sold it for 900.from what i found out about them the wern,t very good weapons. thats why the company went under. good luck with yours . essential arms  had nothing to due with armilite or eagle arms.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure when they went out of business but I bought several as late as 1991 through a Class III dealer for $70 each.  I think they saw the handwriting on the wall like everybody else.

I also believe a previous poster is right in that E.A. never made any post lowers.

I saw these go for as high as $1000 at the peak of the stupidity.  My experience with them is that they are high quality.  The CAR-15 that I own today I built prior to the ban on an E.A. lower and it is just like new today.  The first one that I ordered so impressed the dealer that he immmediately ordered 50 more saying that they were the nicest ones he had ever seen.  This from a long time Class III dealer..... there you go.

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
One more thing for your info file....

Essential Arms lowers were manufactured in Krotz Springs, LA - this is shown in embossed fashion on the mag catch side of the lowers....

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The L.L.Baston Co., 2101 N College st, Eldorado, Ark. is who marketed them. They did go out in 89, and are all PB.I have one left sn 2035, which I recieved on 2/22/84. I sold a bunch of them when I was an FFL,they were of exelent quality, at least untill 1984, all parts fit on them w/o any tuning.I never had any complaints about the lowers, but lowers are all I ever sold.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the help!
"Knowledge from many beats the opinion of one"
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have heard they only sold lowers, not complete rifles. Thusly, you might still have to prove it was assembled or in kit form prior to the ban. When the lower was made is not the rule. When it was assembled or in complete kit form is.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have heard they only sold lowers, not complete rifles. Thusly, you might still have to prove it was assembled or in kit form prior to the ban. When the lower was made is not the rule. When it was assembled or in complete kit form is.
View Quote

They did actually sell complete rifles.  That's what got them put out of business.  ATF set up a sting on them because they weren't paying the 11% Federal excise tax required for manufacturing complete rifles.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top