Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2001 1:55:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2001 1:54:38 PM EDT by KBaker]
According to Wolf's banner ad, they're the only Russian manufacturer to use copper-jacketed bullets, which "preserves the life of your barrel". I'd think the fact that most AR's won't eject a steel case would ensure preservation of barrel life, regardless of the projectile jacket material. [BD]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:11:17 PM EDT
Yes, that brought a smile to my face when I read it too :)! What a bunch of advertising hogwash! I won't even use Wolf in my Mini-14. I would use the other Russian Ammo called Barnaul because in my humble opinion it is far superior to anything that Wolf offers.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:12:29 PM EDT
According to Wolf's banner ad, they're the only manufacturer to use copper-jacketed bullets, which ensures reduced barrel wear.
View Quote
I guess this Federal round I'm looking at has a synthetic copper jacket. I thought their "claim-to-fame" was no steel core, such as the SS109 has. I've never fired any Wolf, but the two biggest complaints I've heard are melting laquer and dirty propellant. I'll stick to what works for me (Eddie's reloads). Eddie
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:22:42 PM EDT
Hey, if it helps pay the bills around here, who cares... Hell, a lot of members like them because it's the only way they can get more practice in (ya just gota buy an extra extractor for every several cases, & put in a little extra elbow grease), [i]whatever works.[/i]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:33:05 PM EDT
I agree with 2... Next to stomaching that POS Klan flag on a banner, the Wolf 'ad' is a breeze......It is ALL about $$$ Not to rant BUT...I am SO tired of hearing 'its not this' or 'its that'..the simple fact is, EVERYONE who flies that POS KNOWS the history/perception, and NO ONE now 'served' under it(even those who served, surrendered!), so it is ONLY used a a tool for division, hate, and to rub shit on some noses....Fuck that flag....
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:36:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CavVet: I agree with 2... Next to stomaching that POS Klan flag on a banner, the Wolf 'ad' is a breeze......It is ALL about $$$ Not to rant BUT...I am SO tired of hearing 'its not this' or 'its that'..the simple fact is, EVERYONE who flies that POS KNOWS the history/perception, and NO ONE now 'served' under it(even those who served, surrendered!), so it is ONLY used a a tool for division, hate, and to rub shit on some noses....Fuck that flag....
View Quote
WOW!! A bit of intolerance? I thought from your previous posts that you were an enemy of intolerance... Guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:38:19 PM EDT
CavVet Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:41:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:42:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:01:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: I've run a few thousand rounds of the Wolf 62 grain ammo though my rifles - 1800 rounds in the last four or five weeks. I took pictures of my extractor using a bellows lens and since have been inspecting the thing using a 20x jewelers loop and haven't noticed a lick of wear in the last couple of years. The ammo is less than $2 a box so for every 100 rounds I shoot I save the price of an extractor. Three thousand rounds is nearly a whole upper receiver worth of savings.
View Quote
Well, that is a fine recommendation. Have you ever had any problems with the lacquer? Just curious...Maybe it is worth looking into.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2001 3:31:16 PM EDT by contras21]
I just looked at the AD...I didn't see any "POS" FLAG...??????????????????????? Just ODD Posts about something that doesn't exist...
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 3:11:26 PM EDT
Paul: The ammo is less than $2 a box so for every 100 rounds I shoot I save the price of an extractor. Three thousand rounds is nearly a whole upper receiver worth of savings.
View Quote
That was my only point Paul. They wear extractors a little more, but [b]only[/b] a little more. And yes, you could buy coffee can full of extractors with the money you save on woof. I never complain about the stuff, AMOF I don't hesitate to use it at a range, & I've never experienced the elusive sticky shell problem, not even in FA. Speaking of FA, Wolf, & IMI are the only two that I can't ever remember having cook-offs with.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:08:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker: I'd think the fact that most AR's won't eject a steel case would ensure preservation of barrel life, regardless of the projectile jacket material. [BD]
View Quote
You should have said I'd think the fact that [red][b]MY[/b][/red] AR won't eject a steel case would ensure preservation of barrel life, regardless of the projectile jacket material. It functions FLAWLESS in MANY AR`s.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2001 4:44:48 PM EDT by contras21]
Hey...CalVet It was just the Cannibus (Vodka, MD 20/20, The Bull) talking, right??? Don't let me down now, OK? Talk to me!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:48:55 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the manufacturer of Wolf ammo also supplies Russian armed services?
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:55:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 7_62___for_me: Does anyone know if the manufacturer of Wolf ammo also supplies Russian armed services?
View Quote
Oh, I would bet some very hard cash on that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2001 6:20:11 PM EDT by Waldo]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:27:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LS1Eddie:
According to Wolf's banner ad, they're the only manufacturer to use copper-jacketed bullets, which ensures reduced barrel wear.
View Quote
I guess this Federal round I'm looking at has a synthetic copper jacket. Eddie
View Quote
Duh, he said the only RUSSIAN manufacturer. What is this, selective quoting.
Originally posted by CavVet: Not to rant BUT...I am SO tired of hearing 'its not this' or 'its that'..the simple fact is, EVERYONE who flies that POS KNOWS the history/perception, and NO ONE now 'served' under it(even those who served, surrendered!), so it is ONLY used a a tool for division, hate, and to rub shit on some noses....Fuck that flag....
View Quote
CavVet, I have never had a problem with you before, but if you are SO tired of hearing it, don't listen. How about the Muslim X that the brothers wear. Why is that 'heritage' and not hate, especially when you consider Louis Farrakan's hateful tirades. Sounds like a double standard to me. I don't particularly care one way or the other, but this crap is getting old, especially since no one even brought it up but you. I, as a Southerner, take exception to the tirades. It is only a subject of division because some people on both sides make it so and most of the hate I see associated with it is that from those oh so sensitive souls who get their little feelings all in an uproar about it. I believe we have FAR more important things to worry about as Americans. GET OVER IT!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:31:08 PM EDT
LARRY G Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:47:15 PM EDT
First off, to paraphrase Cheech Marin, Wolf ammo is like a big black dildo: some people really get off on it, and some people run from it. For some of us, it runs great in their guns, and for some, it gums up the works. Myself, I've run laquered stuff through that shoddy AK I used to own, but I never ran it through my AR. But as "2" said, if it helps pay the bills around here, who cares... And second, as for CavVet being intolerant, what the hell is wrong with intolerance? If the colonists were tolerant, we'd still be a British colony. If we were more tolerant, we'd probably have a lot more gun laws. If we continue to be intolerant, maybe we can get some of those laws reversed. And who knows, with a little intolerance, maybe abortionists will quit killing babies. Not trying to fight your battles, CavVet, but intolerance is what makes this country great. Be intolerant if you want. Tolerance is what the liberals are counting on to get their amoral agenda forced on the American public. And before you get on me about the Confederate flag, I don't care either way about it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:57:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:02:05 PM EDT
Cav Vet....ease up dude....but personally, i won`t buy the wolf either......
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:23:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 2: Hell, a lot of members like them because it's the only way they can get more practice in
View Quote
Pshh. Or, you can go to Georgia Arms and get their 55gr. FMJ reloads, which shoot better and MUCH cleaner than Russians, for as low as $.12/round. What does Wolf run again? And what do you have to do to the extractor every few hundred rounds? Allrighty then [:)] [img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:41:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: On topic: I've got one rifle that will shoot the first 40-60 rounds like a champ - heats up and then locks onto a cartridge like it was Loctited in place! Once the rifle cools again the cartridge can be gently tapped out and the thing runs again until hot. I run brass rounds though the thing without an issue, I believe that the chamber is just that much too small and once it heats it expands just too much.
View Quote
The only AR's I've ever heard of that had lacquer problems were Olympic Arms rifles. They say it's because their chambers are tighter. I've personnally shot about 2000 rounds of Wolf in my Oly AR with no problem. What brand name AR are you having trouble with WOlf in, Paul?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:48:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/7/2001 2:46:48 AM EDT by LS1Eddie]
Duh, he said the only RUSSIAN manufacturer. What is this, selective quoting.
View Quote
I guess I touched a nerve. I don't pay much attention to ads for KIA automobiles, Sears tires or Wolf ammo. It's a gene I inherited from my father ("Always buy the best you can afford, son"). No offense to anyone who drives a KIA, shops at WalMart or uses Wolf. To each his own. Also, as someone said, "If it helps pay the bills..." Eddie
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:00:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 4:30:42 AM EDT
Do BI-METAL JACKETS ring any bells out there? As in steel mixed into jacket material, then comes the copper jackets! All this ammo has worked fine in semi mode in AR's but full is in question with some tight chambers. As for semi and full in AK's no problem they have a slightly over sized chamber, yes even in the new barrels!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:21:46 AM EDT
Use Wolf 55gr all the time in my bushmaster M-4 and AR-15. No problems, no noticeable wear. On my third thousand round crate.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:49:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By andreusan: All this ammo has worked fine in semi mode in AR's but full is in question with some tight chambers. As for semi and full in AK's no problem they have a slightly over sized chamber, yes even in the new barrels!
View Quote
FWIW I have shot quite a bit of the Wolf in full auto without any problems.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 1:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/7/2001 1:13:03 PM EDT by LS1Eddie]
Took my son to the range today. He had shot up his allocation of .22 LR when an older gentleman came over and gave him a handfull of cartridges. He said they were Russian. They had laquer coated steel cases and felt greasy. I didn't want to insult the guy so I let Jr. shot ten rounds. The gun didn't blow up and all ten hit the paper. Eddie
Top Top