Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2001 4:24:41 PM EDT
I was just wonder if anyone had any stories about any incidents when the had to draw a weapon on some one. personally never had to, but thought it might be interesting to hear.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been carrying for about 13-14 years now and during that time I had to draw for "real"  twice.  

One time (second time) the safty on my 1911 was off and I started to apply pressure on the trigger.  Thank God the guy droppped the shotgun and ran the other way.  

Third time I didn't draw but I had my hand on the revolver in my jacket pocket pointing at a guy next to me with a pistol under his shirt.  He walked away when he realized what I was doing.      
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this is where the origin of "don't ask, don't tell" comes from. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, one time this a-hole was really messing with me.

He kept on provoking me, there was nothing I could do to make him stop....

So I pulled out my magic marker and drew all over his nice shirt.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I once painted a bullet hole on a students face for Halloween.  Being an Art teacher, you get some weird requests on dress up days like Halloween.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I drew a happy face using a chick's nipple as the nose.

[:P]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Now, AH1Z,
don't go changing the title cause a few of us had fun with your post.  Now we look like a bunch of dorks, which we probably are!
guns762
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Drew it, used it and I won.  Suspect was using Desert Eagle 44 mag and I had S&W 357. He fired 3 and I fired 5.  End of story.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes.
(No further comment)
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, shot my brother.

With a BB gun at about 10yds. Hit him right in the chest. He them chased me into the house and I hit him with an aluminum bat right in the chest. Knocked the wind outta him. Then when he came to he shot me with a sling shot. Does that count? I was 6
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, and already made plenty of it already...
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=22550[/url]

I'm too lazy, look it up yourself [:P]

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]
[b]any one ever actually have to draw a weapon[/b]

Yea but iam a terrible artist.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#15]
'79 and '86.
I was shot both times.
Killed perpetrators in both incidents.
But law enforcement is not dangerous. Ask anyone.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, more than once.

Hopefully I'll never have to again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Now, AH1Z,
don't go changing the title cause a few of us had fun with your post.  Now we look like a bunch of dorks, which we probably are!
guns762
View Quote

Yeah, no fair!  The title was "anyone ever actually have to draw on someone."

Oh well, I guess I am a dork.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I was once asked "how can you ask cops to do somthing for you that you woun't even do for your self). I am glad to hear that you were all successfull.

ps I expect this to happen to me in the army but I hope that I never be in a home defense situation or anything like that, it rarely ever turns out pretty.

thanks you guys stories have been very informative

thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not LE, but yes. Twice in self defense. Luckily I didn't have to pull the trigger either time. But I was prepared to do so.

Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Three times since 1990 - all went well though (thank God). Once was during that whole "Rodney King" riot mess... *ack*

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#21]
No. But I've had a weapon drawn on me a few times. (part of the job)
Dam LEO was more scared than I was.
Eric
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
'79 and '86.
I was shot both times.
Killed perpetrators in both incidents.
But law enforcement is not dangerous. Ask anyone.
View Quote

Note to self: screw not with Gunslinger.

I poked a pistol into a doorframe to really make the point that the person in the hall didn't really want to get in the apartment.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep beucoup times...been hit by shrapnel from an RPJ and a  command det chicom type claymore ( no stopping for donuts ;) )...in civilian life a few more times..while camping in national forest a couple of recently released convicts were making a living by robbing campers- my Rem 870 convinced them to look elsewhere...
One of my good friends from back home ( a decorated vietnam vet)  shot and killed a local high school teacher who was trying to rape his wife..the teacher had a crush on the girl and when my buddy got back from Vietnam and married her- the teacher went ape shit..he paid a visit to my friends farm and while my friend was milking cows the teacher hit him over the head with a length of steel pipe caving in his head knocking him uncouncious..when he came to- he heard his wifes screams coming from the house..bleeding badly,he crawled to the house went in his bedroom window retrieved his 30-30 from under the bed (which he kept loaded)and then crawled into the living room (where the teacher was beating his wife and tearing her clothes off) and shot the bastard several times saving his wife ...his wife then called an ambulance for her husband.their medical insurance exhausted he eventually had to be taken to a VA hospital where they have been screwing him over for the last thrity years or so..
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#24]
1,2,3 times. Depends on the definition of draw. One time I actually pointed and told the guy to let her go. He had his girlfriend by the hair and was banging her head into the ground, because she has spilled a drink on him. The second time, I was driving down the road in South Florida when wham. Some idiot slams into the car beside me. He rolls to a stop at the light. His hood is up and the vehicle is smoking. He jumps out and goes for the car 2 in front of me. He tries to get in but it is locked. Then he tries to get the car in front of me. By then I had loaded my gun and had it ready, but he must have heard a siren, because he tore out and took his vehicle about a mile down the road smoking, before he lead the Police on a foot chase. Turns out he was a wanted Felon. Basically both cars in front of me were locked, so he took off. If he had come up to mine, I would have loaded his ass full of lead. The third time, I was at the ATm, I was at the door of my car, when this black SUV pulls up and this guy gets out trying to get me to buy some speakers. He continues moving closer. My car door is open, but I know if he rushes me I'll never make it. So, I slipped my gun out from beside the seat where I used to keep it and started to raise it, when the guy started backpeddling and saying it was OK he was leaving. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that another guy had been moving around my left side to get behind me. Now he was openly moving for his vehicle They jumped in to the SUV and ran like hell. By the way, he repeatedly tried to get me to go to the ATM to get some money. I told him I didn't have enough money on me for speakers, but he knew I had an ATM card. I believe he was trying to mug me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top