Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2001 7:24:23 AM EDT
Any ideas on what this might be worth?  

Original Inland 1943 m1 carbine in great shape?  The carbine comes with 2 original blued 15 round mags in excellent shape, 1 blued 15 round mag like new, stock ammo pouch original dated 1943 in great shape, sling and oiler.  

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
If not a parts gun, I'd say somewhere in the $500 - $650 range.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]
A gun is worth WHATEVER the next buyer is willing to pay for it.

To get an idea what the Inland you descibed is currently selling for, check the listings at [url]www.gunsamerica.com[/url]

Inland is one of the more prevalent manufacturers, so this gun should NOT draw a premium due to its rarity as compared to a Rockola or a National Postal Meter.

How "original" is it?? Do all the numbers match?? Is it a "low wood"??? (the op rod slot is longer and lower because of the way the wood is cut?? Does it have all the "early" features??
(trigger giuard, low wood, Type 1 barrel band, etc)

What you really NEED is Scott Duff's book to see what all you need to know about the rifle.

If its a completely original, near perfect Inland with all teh early features, I'd think $600 would be about top dollar.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought an Inland in good (75-80%) shape with dark wood with a 1944 stamped barrel without the strap or oiler but with 7 useable 15-round mags for $450. So I don't think $550 is out of line for one as you described.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I just received this from the guy who has it.
Steve:

This is a carbine built on the best GI parts that the gunsmith whom built could find.  It has an inland barrel and reciever and the rest are high grade original GI parts(none of those universal parts).  The bore is excellent and the rest of the gun is in excellent condition.  I am sure you would not be disappointed with this carbine.  In fact when I showed it to a
few of my friends at a well known gun store in my area they all started to give me offers for it(and they were big offers, but I declined).  Let me know if your still interested.  
Thanks.

Tim
View Quote

I'd like to get a M1 Carbine but this fellow wants to trade for my CAV-15 (here is a pic):
[center][img]http://itomnt2.cob.appstate.edu/web200/web231/cav/cav1.jpg[/img][/center]

What do yall think?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top