Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2001 8:16:51 PM EDT
Every day some do-gooder trying to save us from ourselves.  We have so many laws and safety commissions to ensure our safety that it seems nearly impossible to have an accident.  The problem is that we need accidents, and lots of them.  Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people. Without safety, stupid people die in accidents.  With safety, we are devolving into half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more imbeciles. Lets do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking, jaywalk, play with blasting caps, swim right after a big meal, stick something small in your ear. Take your choice of dangerous activity and do it with gusto.  Future generations will thank you!!  (I found this at work on the bulleten board)
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Bravo,
I think it is in the interests of the liberals to keep as many stupid impulsive people alive as possible.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's go play in the streets with our ARs.[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
No doubt this was posted as humor and not to be taken seriously, but think about this:

The truly stupid people would be the ones that read what you saw at work (and posted here) and believe it.

Why?

1.  How many intelligent, innocent people do you want to die?  In case you hadn't realized it, stupid actions by one person can kill / maim others who were simply at the wrong place and time.   An example would be the driver who heads home drunk at 6:00 pm, blows a stop sign, and fatally T-bones your family.  Has your idea improved the gene pool?

2. The stupid people may wind up not being killed anyway.  In 1. , suppose the idiot drunk driver suffers only minor injury herself.

3.  These safety agencies and laws complained of protect not just against stupid acts but also against gross neglect by companies and others not known to us.  Do you fly anywhere?
Do you personally check the ability of the pilot to fly that particular aircraft safely -- taking off, going through a thunderstorm and landing in a gusty crosswind with microburst activity?  

No?  Maybe its not a bad idea then that the FAA has these things they call pilots' and airframe & powerplant licenses.  If they weren't required, would you trust the airlines to police themselves, their pilots, and mechanics?

[red][size=3]PRK
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Smart people check both ways before crossing the street.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Lighten up man it was just good clean office humor, I meant no harm, please forgive me...
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Did ya see the latest........some damn people think that "dodgeball" can lead kids to violence....Jesus H Christ, I think i've herd it all!!  Oh wait a minute, another one, some politician whats aluminium baseball bats outlawed because some kid was too slow to respond to a line drive and caught one in the mouth.........hiya-doin, maybe the kid needs to work on his reflexes.......no, lets get blame the bat!!!  I know aluminium makes the ball travel faster but, come on already!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bravo,
I think it is in the interests of the liberals to keep as many stupid impulsive people alive as possible.
View Quote

HONESTLY..I have been slammin Liberals with the Darwinism/Their numbers coorelation.

I dont think its a joke, Liberals are knee jerk, feel good, no common sense, idioits....IMHO

Butterfly ballot ring a bell????
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lighten up man it was just good clean office humor, I meant no harm, please forgive me...
View Quote

I did not intend my post as a flame, and I apologize if it sounded that way.

I'm cynical enough, though, that I wouldn't rule out that the author of what you saw at work was someone in Personnel who was tired of dealing with Workers' Comp and OSHA forms.

[red][size=3]PRK
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
You know what PRK?

We Take life for granted Period.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ßÖÖM§TÏÇK:
You know what PRK?

We Take life for granted Period.
View Quote

Ain't [b]that[/b] the truth...
[red]PRK
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Every day some do-gooder trying to save us from ourselves.  We have so many laws and safety commissions to ensure our safety that it seems nearly impossible to have an accident.  The problem is that we need accidents, and lots of them.  Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people. Without safety, stupid people die in accidents.  With safety, we are devolving into half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more imbeciles. Lets do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking, jaywalk, play with blasting caps, swim right after a big meal, stick something small in your ear. Take your choice of dangerous activity and do it with gusto.  Future generations will thank you!!  (I found this at work on the bulleten board)
View Quote

damn straight here here [beer]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Old News: [|)] zzzzzzzzz

It's an actual letter to the editor of the Arizona Republic.

The author was a Lawrence A. Bullis of Phoenix, and the letter was reprinted in Harper's.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...stick something small in your ear...
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=35986[/url]

Already people playing in the proverbial traffic.  [b]2001 AR15.com Darwin Awards[/b], here we come!!!

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:20:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did ya see the latest........some damn people think that "dodgeball" can lead kids to violence....Jesus H Christ, I think i've herd it all!!  Oh wait a minute, another one, some politician whats aluminium baseball bats outlawed because some kid was too slow to respond to a line drive and caught one in the mouth.........hiya-doin, maybe the kid needs to work on his reflexes.......no, lets get blame the bat!!!  I know aluminium makes the ball travel faster but, come on already!!!!!
View Quote

I loved that game.  We called it pinball if I remember correctly.  Put two bowling pins up on each side.  To win, you had to either hit everyone on the other side, without them catching the ball, or knock down both pins.  Used the bad players as blockers to the pins. lol.   We played it in elementary school.  I loved when I caught the big kids throws.  whoohoo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top