Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/4/2001 1:04:50 PM EDT
I am looking at purchasing a Colt pre-ban lower. I will need to also purchase a upper. I am looking for the following: A2 sights 1x9 20" hbar chromed flat top Who would you buy the upper from Bushy, DMPS, etc ? Thanks, Tim
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 1:30:03 PM EDT
Okay, from your post I'm guessing that you don't mind a "parts gun." (i.e. Mismatched upper and lower.) First, I'd avoid the Colt. You're paying extra money for a prancing pony on the side. In addition, you might have to deal with sear blocks, non-standard parts, funny upper/lower joining holes, and/or a lower that requires a special type of Colt proprietary bolt carrier. Basically, unless you find a green label at a fair price, why bother? I'd actually recommend a PWA lower. Many are preban, and they are a LOT less expensive. The quality is there; hell, many folks say that they're build like a rock. For the price of a preban Colt lower, you could get a standard preban PWA lower [b]and[/b] a quality upper. But, as for your question, if you absolutely must have that Colt lower, get yourself a Colt upper. (Just make sure that any sear block/funny holes/blue label issues are adequately addressed with your upper.) If not a Colt, go for a Bushmaster. I have only ever heard one complaint about a Bushmaster upper, and Bushmaster fixed its error immedately and ate shipping costs. Mike
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 2:24:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 3:43:08 PM EDT
I agree with the PWA lower, I have had two and both were quite satisfactory and am a big fan of Bushmaster Arms.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:02:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By USMC_LB: I am looking at purchasing a Colt pre-ban lower. I will need to also purchase a upper. I am looking for the following: A2 sights 1x9 20" hbar chromed flat top Who would you buy the upper from Bushy, DMPS, etc ? Thanks, Tim
View Quote
I have a friend interested in selling her pre ban PWA lower attached to a standard green label type Colt 1/7 HBar upper. The rifle was definitely assembled prior to the ban. It used to be mine. I bought it at the OGCA show in Sept. of 92 at the IX center in Cleveland. If your interested e-mail me and I will hook you up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:35:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By USMC_LB: I am looking at purchasing a Colt pre-ban lower. I will need to also purchase a upper. I am looking for the following: A2 sights 1x9 20" hbar chromed flat top Who would you buy the upper from Bushy, DMPS, etc ? Thanks, Tim
View Quote
Why? I do not see an advantage to a preban rifle. What is you reasoning?
Top Top