Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 7/3/2001 11:38:35 PM EDT
Is there anyone here who knows how long S&W is expected to last?How much money does this company who owns them has?Do you think they'll use S&W to loose $$ and use them as a write off?I was wondering how much longer will we have to put up with them and the POS products. KEEP THE BOYCOTT ALIVE!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 1:59:57 PM EDT
They were sold; the Brits (Tompkins) no longer owns them. I forget who bought S&W, but it's an American firm. Ghostface, I have to disagree with you on one thing; they don't make POS products. The quality is great. However, I'm not going to buy a single one of them until the agreement is overturned in some manner. Whether it's through legislation, lawyers, or bankrupcy. No new S&W products until it's resolved properly. Mike
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 2:09:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:17:33 AM EDT
PreBans,I was talking about S&W autos,I'd say they make the best wheelguns.S&W autos just don't stack up against the Glock,SIG,and H&K pistols.The other brands metioned are just easier to shoot and they quality is much better.Also,S&W mag capacity is lower when compared to the others,this matters if you're an L.E.O. or buy preban mags. S&W quality has slipped over the years,I've compared my newer 4506-1 to the 645s and 4506s that some the older officers have and theres a big difference between them.I shoot high expert with the smith but this has'nt come easy,it takes me a while to readjust when shooting a Glock or SIG.When I was at the academy there were no wheel guns and less than 10% S&W.Most of the officers had Glocks followed alot of SIGs and a few Berretas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:29:49 AM EDT
Top Top