Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 7/3/2001 9:27:23 AM EDT
I just bought a real clean Colt Sporter preban lower. I'm still not sure I will "need" any of the features, but they sure do look cool. Live and learn.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:36:37 AM EDT
congrats! now you can have a real collapsible stock, not a fake one. [8D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:42:09 AM EDT
I put real CAR stocks on all of my ARs. I don't think they are that much better than fixed stocks, but I did it in defiance of the stupid PC crap ---just because I can! They are all preban lowers. You might as well take advantage of what you are allowed to do. It's all such a crock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:48:28 AM EDT
"CROW" can be right tasty when properly prepared. It is unfortunate that Colt started playing pattycake with the anti-gunners by screwing up the dimensions and tolerences on the lowers. Since the majority of "preban lowers" are Colt we are not served well. May I suggest a nice MERLOT to compliment the Crow.[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:08:47 AM EDT
Silly question, and somewhat off topic here, but are you able to mate a post-ban upper with a pre-ban lower? I believe that I heard that a pre-ban upper is not good with a post-ban lower, but I have not heard anything about the opposite.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:25:02 AM EDT
WMmitty: No legal problem in putting a postban upper on any lower, preban or otherwise.
Top Top