Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/3/2001 6:31:15 AM EDT
I had my wife ship my 16" upper to Bushmaster this morning for a muzzle brake install. They charged her $52! This seems kind of high to me. The guy told her that it had to shipped FED-EX since it was a part to a firearm and the fact that we insured it for $600 was the other reason for the high price. Does this sound right? I can understand if it was the whole rifle but just the upper falls under this too? Bushmaster said their return shipping to me would only be about $12 to $16. Why the difference?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:01:00 AM EDT
Short answer: Bullshit. She got incorrect information..."Parts of a firearm" are NOT firearms...shipping an upper without the lower is just like shipping a brick...no laws (federal, at least) regulate shipping of parts, whether firearm parts or any other kind. You can get the correct rate yourself from the Fed-Ex website. If it were me, I'd bitch 'til they refunded the difference. Hope you paid by CC. hanko
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 2:53:32 PM EDT
That's BS for sure. You could have shipped it UPS ground but I would still get the $600 insurance. From CA to Bushmaster that would be less than $12. For $52, I hope it was shipped Priority Overnight. Did she ship it from Mail Boxes Etc., or directly from your local FedEx customer counter?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 3:03:11 PM EDT
You could have shipped it U.S.Postal Service for $10
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 3:06:55 PM EDT
I just shipped out two items-- First one was several mags (maybe 5 lbs total) from Illinois to Texas from the FED-EX shipping center. I asked for the price for the overnight ($33) and the standard 2 day ($12) including insurance for $200. The other one was a Complete firearm--16" upper and lower separate. Overnight to Alaska INCLUDING $1600 insurance would have been $65. Two day Fed-Ex was $42 including the insurance. You got ripped off. AFARR And--as far as I know, there is no policy for Fed-Ex to ship long guns overnight--only handguns. Parts are just that--parts. That is all you should have to declare on the shipping document (actually, Fed-Ex counter forms don't even have a place to write what is in them).
Top Top