User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2001 6:01:19 PM EDT
is it legal to put a front pistol grip on
a post ban ar 15? if so anyone out there
have one ?  like/dislike???????????????
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding of the law is that a front pistol grip makes no difference on an AR-15 rifle. AR-15 pistols are a different story.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In terms of FEDERAL laws, you can put a forward pistol grip on any long gun.  However, it cannot be done on anby handgun without registering it as an AOW.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In terms of FEDERAL laws, you can put a forward pistol grip on any long gun.  However, it cannot be done on anby handgun without registering it as an AOW.

Mike
View Quote

correct
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
For example, HK 94 with the forward pistol grip is good[0:)].  SP-89 with a forward pistol grip is very evil[}:D].  On an AR-15 rifle pre or post it does not matter unless screwy LOCAL laws like KALIFORNIA dicates other wise[>:/].
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The fact that we even have to ask questions like this is indicative of just how royally screwed up our gun laws have become.

But then, of course, why shouldn't it be this way? Every other facet of American life is equally cluttered with senseless, arcane, contradictory, and excessive laws.

Eric The(Fundamentalist)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen eric
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ok...AOW. I should know this probably do...but... duh I am suffering from a brain fart. what does AOW stand for again?
View Quote

Any
Other
Weapon
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ok...AOW. I should know this probably do...but... duh I am suffering from a brain fart. what does AOW stand for again?
View Quote

AOW = Any Other Weapon.  It covers any oddity out there; smooth bore firearms that aren't legal shotguns, firearms without a grip, pistols with two grips, "gadget guns" like cane guns, pen guns, and umbrella guns...

Stuff like that.

The advantage is that they can be transferred for only a $5 tax instead of a $200 tax.  ([i]However, it's still $200 if you build one yourself.  Have a licensed Class II build it for you and then transfer it to you for the $195.00 savings.[/i])  In addition, AOW's aren't subject to the '94 Crime bill.  (As an example, you can't build a normal AR-15 pistol anymore unless you drill out most of the weight to get it under 50 oz, build a carbon fiber model, weld on the magazine, etc.  However, if you add a foregrip, it becomes an AOW and is fine!  No welding magazines in place, no drilling it out to get below the 50 oz weight limit, etc.!)

HTH!

Mike
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's an example:
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=51205&a=532526&p=47162252&Sequence=0[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top