Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2001 4:50:07 PM EDT
I think I'm going to use this for my CCW. It seems like a good pick. It's tiny, .40 cal for good stopping power, 9 round mag, and reliable. The only problem is the pistol grip is too small for my hand, but that can be cleared up with a mag extension.

What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Pearce Grip +1 extension and it should fit fine, and you'll have 10+1 rounds instead of 9+1.  [pistol]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock 27 is a great choice.  It's what I use.  Get a Pearce +1 extension.  It gives you a 10 round mag with pinky support.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've carried my 27 for 2 years and love it! I has over 14,000 rounds through it with out a single hiccup. I usually carry the 9-round mag because it makes the butt 1/2" shorter and helps me hide it under a t-shirt in the summer. I also carry a 13-round hi-cap with an AG (sp?) grip spacer in a mag carrier. I use the Pearce+1 for competition and like it a lot; it really doesn't make it any harder to conceal. I shoot 600+ rounds a month and find the 27 easy to control with all of the above mags. I've also installed an Agrip (see www.brookstactical.com/Pages/whtsagrp.html) which helps A LOT especially when the gun is cold or wet.
Buy one, you won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What does a 27 go for $$  ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It is pushing $500 nowadays.

I got one when they first came out and have carried it ever since.  Trijicons.  Several thousand practice rounds without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the only thing that could make the 27 better is if it were a single stack. the slide and frame are to wide.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The G27 is my carry weapon also.  I also use the stock mag without the extension, to keep the package as small as possible.  After a while the two-finger-grip becomes natural.  

This is what I tell people who ask what it feels like to carry my Glock:

[b][red]Think of the G27 as your wallet, you know it is there, but you really don't think about it until you go to reach for it. [/red][/b]

OSA
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The G27 is my carry weapon also.  I also use the stock mag without the extension, to keep the package as small as possible.  After a while the two-finger-grip becomes natural.  

This is what I tell people who ask what it feels like to carry my Glock:

[b][red]Think of the G27 as your wallet, you know it is there, but you really don't think about it until you go to reach for it. [/red][/b]

OSA
View Quote

Wallet! Dam you must carry one hell of a lot of money?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry the Glock 27 as my concealed carry weapon.  I put the belt clip called 'The Glok
Klip' on it to make it easier to carry.

I use an extended mag device that permits 10 rounds to be carried in the mag.

All in all, my favorite carry weapon.[>]:)]

Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]
The 36 is gaining ground too because of the single-stack design and .45 caliber.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I use the 26 as my CCW and love it. Would probably like the 27 even better. Definitely get the plus 1 extension, you cant go wrong.Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The 36 is gaining ground too because of the single-stack design and .45 caliber.
View Quote

[b]SIX ROUNDS![/b][V][:O]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top