Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 11:41:58 AM EDT
Well, my questions have been answered...

They work and work well!!!

However it is difficult to control while standing. In order to get some good bursts off, it's best to shoot in the prone from sandbags or a bipod. The longest burst I had in the standing was about 6-7 rounds.

I was shooting from a FAL, so it was REAL difficult to keep my finger on the crank. I think I am going to modify it and put a bolt on there so I have something to grab on to. It should work even better then!

IMHO, it's worth $40 if you use them right!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]
i would have fun with one on my 10/22.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Basically, it will fire at a full auto rate for as long as you can hold onto it. It would have been a better design if they put a handle for the crank instead of a groove to put you finger in.

mattsd- It should work great on a 22.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Death_By_AR15:
Did you have any problems with it coming loose while using it?
View Quote

Absolutely not. It fits VERY VERY snug on my FAL. It has two bolts that pinch it into place on the trigger guard. Very sold contruction also.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#7]

I have one I bought in the 80's - it has
a regular crank handle - like on a fishing
reel.

These things are capable of approaching
full auto cyclic rate - and with a bipod
you can get some pretty good groups!

[uzi]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top