Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2001 1:08:40 PM EDT
[url]www.geocaching.com/[/url]
this is a website where people have hidden caches through the country and marked the area with GPS coordinates, inside the caches can be a variety of items(mostly goofy and useless), you can take something and leave something in the cache for others to find.
the site tells more about it, its a good way to get out and wipe the dust off the GPS and have fun with friends, some cache sites even require hiking up mtns or into the deserts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds like fun.

I would probably never rely on the GPS to cache anything that I was going to depend on in a crisis, though. I just don't like the idea of a government run system that could possibly be manipulated to hinder us.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a really nice Garmin GPS III plus and have found a few Geocaches. Its alot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool, thanks for the heads up.

Reverend73
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
This site rules...  I am going to cache something myself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top