Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2001 5:25:13 AM EDT
WHY OUR INDUSTRY IS DYING !

- As a person who has spent well over 25 years in the Shooting Industry as a past Sales and Mkting Mgr for Gun Parts
(Numrich Arms) and also for Auto-Ordnance, before being purchased by The Rev
Moon and Kahr Arms. I attended every SHOT SHOW from the beginning one in St.
Louis to the last one in New Orleans, I go to and set up at the IWA Show in
Nurnburg every year. What I am getting to is simple- Our INDUSTRY is dying
and has been- You cannot go to the Shot Show (Industry's main show) as a
dealer or owner of a shooting business and bring you Child. Now what if you
are passing along your interest as well as future to your Son or
Daughter-Sorry not allowed. When you look down the aisles, how sad not to
see any youngsters walking the aisles with their parents. That is something
to think about -how do you generate interest and desire when you cannot
bring the "future shooters" and hunters to the largest trade show in the
World. The NRA Convention and show allows families with children to attend.
Even some of the Gun Clubs we all belong to some of them have a less than friendly attitude to the youngsters- THIS
IS THE FUTURE OF THE GUN BUSINESS/INDUSTRY , THE YOUNGSTERS OF THIS COUNTRY !

What about the So-called Major Gun Companies and People like Bill Ruger who have caved into pressures from the outside and have created some of the biggest problems in our "community". Then we have
the different type of interest shooters that don't see the need for some to
like Assault weapons and so on- this just leads to more problems. I could go
on and on but just want to tell you that you also have to be careful how we
talk to one another etc within our own Internet Board Community. For
example- I have a business and have been on the net for a while- I believe I
have a good reputation. Now I being a bit pushy and overzealous posted on a
particular board and was thrown off- I have tried for months to get the
administrator to answer my e-mails and talk to me like a person. But for
some reason there are people on our boards who have set themselves up in a
power situation and have forgotten the we are not the enemy- they are all
around us and closing in on us- remember it's the old saying "UNITED WE
STAND-DIVIDED WE FALL" In closing, I make this offer to everyone of you-
there is no one I really don't know in this business and if you are looking
for info or I could be of help to you- just call or pop me an e-mail@
[email protected]

Thank you,

Bob Lippman
Lippman Enterprises,Ltd.
P.O. Box 134
Palenville , N.Y. 12463
Ph-518-678-3519
Fx-208-330-9958(direct toComputer)
[email protected]
Website- http://www.lippman-enterprises.com

Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen.  Look at the way the Gov. of Maryland blocked gun safety education in his state.  He said that to teach gun safety in the schools was sanctioning gun ownership in general.  They are after the hearts and minds of the children.

Generally, the gun community is not countering that tactic at all.  There must be a deliberate outreach to the kids who are too old for "Eddie Eagle."  Eddie Eagle is a good program in its own right, but think about the message:  "Stop.  Don't Touch.  Leave the Area.."  Instead, we need to be teaching them to embrace guns.

We need a deliberate, conscious strategy to leverage children's natural interest and fascination with firearms into a radical pro-gun movement that can stand up to the schools, government, or whatever.  We need to provide these kids in grade school and high school some kind or "combat manual" to counter the forceful brainwashing that is being used on them, like zero-tolerance.

In short, we need to market to kids.  We need a "Joe Camel" for firearms. Some manufacturer like Ruger, or gun organization like GOA, needs to get an ad agency and design some hip mascot and get the billboards up around schools.  The billboards should be designed to inflame the natural rebelliousness of children and teens againts their handlers who are brainwashing them into giving up our rights. Remember, they go right from high school to the voting booth.  I think that a lot of us would donate money if it was earmarked for that purpose.  

I try to leave my old gun magazines (publications, that is) where kids can find them in libraries, waiting areas, etc.  I move gun magazines into the teen sections on display racks in stores.  Whenever possible, when I see young people playing with guns, talking about guns, etc., I do all I can to validate them.  But what we really need is a frontal in-your-face assault.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if part of the anti-Boy Scout movement is because they train with firearms.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top