Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2001 1:27:02 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a digital camara to share things with everyone here.  I heard that the toy camaras are of the same quality of the real ones. I found this so far for $59.99.

Description

This stylish, handheld, digital camera is perfect for the creative kid or photographer in all of us. The blue camera stores up to 20 images at 352x288 pixel color resolution or 80 photos at low resolution. Also, a sweeping video feature will allow an eight-second movie effect. The images can be downloaded to any PC and the camera comes with installation and download software. Includes serial port and USB as well as wristband attachment and PC connector cable. Requires 2 "AAA" alkaline batteries (not included).

Is 352x288 a good resolution?

Thanks a ton!

Semper Fi

Smalls
Package Dimensions (in inches): 7.9" x 7.8" x 3.3"
Package Weight: .9 pounds
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Those pics at 352x288 are going to be grainy and very grainy if you do any enlargements.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a big POS. Those are very small pictures, and the quality will be horrible. Stay away from it.

If you cant afford the top of the line stuff (3.3 million pixels), try for something in the 1.2 million pixel range. They are fairly cheap now.

I would recommend any Olympus, Canon, or Sony. (in that order)
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at the pics on How many 45's do you have?
They were taken with a 1.3 megepixel
Most people look at web pages with 800x600 so it will look good on here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Smalls:
The blue camera...
View Quote

You're talking about the "Jam Cam 3.0," right?
It's not a "good" camera, but buy it anyway. It's good enough for quick posts, & it's a great way to figure out what you'll want later. It eats batteries (USB cable is nice to have though).  

[url]http://www.epinions.com/elec-Photo-Cameras-All/tk_~HP001.1.22?submitted_form=finder_form&quant_127389=127530&quant_128196=-1&quant_128185=-1&quant_128191=-1&finder_form_submitted=++Find++[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top