Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 7:44:16 AM EDT
Todays paper states the prosecutor has decided to drop the murder charges on Whoreuchi of Weaver's wife because of the nine years that have gone by has made it too difficult to continue the trial. The Fed is very good at delaying a trial and losing evidence when it's in their favor. Even more amazing is the fact that the Government admits NO WRONG DOING in the Weaver incident.......it paid Weaver 3.5 million dollars in 1995. It also paid 380,000 dollars to the friend of Weaver who was there with him at the time of the murders, if he would agree to drop the lawsuit....he dropped it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:57:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jewbait: it paid Weaver 3.5 million dollars in 1995. It also paid 380,000 dollars to the friend of Weaver who was there with him at the time of the murders, if he would agree to drop the lawsuit....he dropped it.
View Quote
And why not. The old saying of "take the money, and.." very appropo. Not many of us can personally endure years of legal lawsuits etc fighting the U.S. Federal govt.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:06:48 AM EDT
YES I agree, take the money. That's not my point. The point is Uncle Sam admitted NO WRONG DOING, and STILL paid the money, don't ya kinda think thats a little unusual?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:32:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2001 8:30:10 AM EDT by warlord]
Yeah I see your point. It would have been better to see this to trial and really bring out the blame that Uncle Sam was responsible for this debacle.
Top Top