Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2001 7:25:51 AM EDT
I am finally releasing books, videos and a record that I've been saving for some time. Check on the equipment exchange page soon. BUT, for FREE to a Vietnam Era Marine Corps Vet - an original copy of :
"Ambassadors In Green - A Pictorial Account of U.S. Marines in Vietnam...The Battles they Fought...The Hardships They Endured...The Friendships They Established... And The Sacrifices They Made For Freedom.". This was a special magazine put out by the Leatherneck Association in 1971. It's a little worn, but clean, with pages intact. I'll pay the shipping too. First one up gets it. PLEASE, I want to give a 'Nam  Vet  first chance for this, great pics, commentary, history, and this poem from the beginning:
REFLECTING
we waded ashore in '65,
with weapons in our hand;
    Not a single shot was fired,
    as we dashed across the sand.
Since then, six long years have passed,
and we recall with pride
    The grins and pains of many friends
     who fought and bled and died.
Bleeding isn't glorious;
There's no success in dying.
    But to keep men free of slavery
    is worth the grief of trying.
So, God, if You'd accept the men
who passed the final test,
    We'd appreciate Your kindness
    If You'd grant them lasting rest.
                                   -Bartlett
(never been a Marine - 82nd Airborne- hope this does for someone what it has done for me)
Who knows, maybe ya'll Marines & any 'Nam Vets might start a private mailing group to send this around when you've finished with it.
WSmac
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a good Vietnam Memories BB over at:
[url]http://pub50.ezboard.com/bvietnammemoriesbulletinboard[/url]

If you could, post this offer at that site I'm sure they would like it.

Thank You
Ron
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Ron, looks like an excellent site. If you are a member would you mind posting this maybe as a url link? It's just that I'm spending too much time on the computer lately so I've confined my self to pretty much just this site for a little while. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure can do that, what is your e-mail or if you want just e-mail me @ [email protected]
Thanks
Ron
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]
How do I bump this up to the top? Are there no USMC Vietnam Vets that live here at AR15.com? I'll check back later, see ya.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
WSmac,  I have a copy of " Ambassadors in Green" too.  Got it through the  USMC publication "Leatherneck" in the early 70's, just looked at it, cost was $1.00 back then.  I can't part with it though.  A few years back I retired from the USMC and a few days before I left North Carolina I stopped  at the local Army Navy store.  They had a copy too, in their glass case.  Wanted $70.00 for it.  Thanks for stirring up that memory, now I have to go and read it again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the post Tomcat. I really like looking at it too, even though I was Post-Vietnam(enlisted Sept. 19,1978). I'm really hoping someone will respond here, I don't do garage sales, and I don't want to drop it off at a used book store or Goodwill.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]
going btt
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
WSmac,  just got in from a graduation party and had to look back at your post.  I can't believe no one has jumped on your very generous offer!  That book is PRICELESS!!  However, I don't believe there are many vets here, just the wanna be's, etc. etc...  Please be sure a vet gets your copy.  Semper Fi, and thanks for thinking of those "nam vets".  
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
still looking for a Vietnam USMC Vet for this FREE offer. KPEL, I sent you an email.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I want to send this off to someone who lived it. BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top