Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2005 6:36:16 AM EDT
The show's creator Donald Bellisario, is also involved with Magnum PI.
===============================================================
www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/05/tv.jag.ap/index.html

i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/05/tv.jag.ap/story.jag.jpg

'JAG' ending after 10-year run
CBS show has faltered in ratings of late

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The drama series "JAG," which mixed real war and conflict with fiction, is ending after a 10-year run.

The final episode will air 9 p.m. April 29, CBS announced Monday.

Canceled after a single season on NBC, the show was picked up by CBS and became a reliable ratings performer and part of the network's turnaround, said CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves.

But the series' popularity had begun to ebb. It was averaging 9.8 million weekly viewers for the season to date, compared to 14.8 million viewers in the 2001-02 season.

"We've had an amazing run, particularly for a series that was once canceled," show creator Donald P. Bellisario said. "Over the last 10 years we have had an opportunity to shine a spotlight on our armed forces and call attention to issues of significant importance to our country as well as the men and women who serve it."

In one episode, a member of the JAG team was severely wounded by an Afghan mine while on assignment abroad.

Last February, series star David James Elliott, who plays Cmdr. Harmon "Harm" Rabb Jr., announced plans to leave when the 10th season ended. He has a series development deal with ABC and Touchstone Television.

The series co-stars Catherine Bell, Patrick Labyorteaux, Scott Lawrence and Zoe McLellan.

Bellisario, a former Marine, gained permission to film at locations including the Camp Pendleton and North Island Naval Air Station military bases in California and on aircraft carriers at sea.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#1]
it was entertaining at times, i like how a jag lawyer could be a pilot, Marine Infantry and a number of other jobs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
it was entertaining at times, i like how a jag lawyer could be a pilot, Marine Infantry and a number of other jobs.

I like how a Marine Lt. Col could look like Catherine Bell.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
All the mames and sirs started to pain my ears
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah she is a fine looking Marine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
It turned into a soap-opera a few years ago and went into the toilet. The show was OK at times, but mostly was forgettable due to the relationship woes of the characters.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw an episode when it first started running.  The plot involved a submarine, and they spliced in footage of the helicopter-to-submarine transfer stunt from The Hunt for Red October.  That was so lame.  I never watched it again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#7]
It was right up there with "Pensacola, Wings of Gold" in believability.  You know, the Marines love to spend all that money to train a pilot, pay for law school, and then send the people on "Special Ops".

It was too painful to watch.  Catherine Bell's "assets" were the only reason to stop when channel surfing.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Bon Voyage!  This is one show I can certainly live without.  Now NCIS on the other hand is quite entertaining.  MJD
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#10]
i wonder if she has had enhancements??
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of the finest women I ever saw in military uniform was a USMC Major. She could've given Catherine a run for her money.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Never watched it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Never watched it.

Ya lucky Bastage...
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember the first female lawyer on that show.  YOWZAA.  The current LTCol isn't too bad either.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now NCIS on the other hand is quite entertaining.  MJD

This show was also created by Bellisario.

SAW_Gunner: Most like since it is a tax deduction for her.

There's a lot of images of Catherine Bell in her IMDB bio:
Catherine Bell
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#16]
It was an entertaining show, for a while.  Not realistic at all, but entertaining.  But it has sucked the last couple seasons, no doubt about that.  Time for it to go.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I liked the show. I understand its Hollywood, and don't expect it to be anything more than entertainment (and boy could catherine entertain me    0

If I want historically accurate, I'll go to the History Channel. If I want realistic, I'll join the Marines.

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I was rather surprised it lasted ten seasons.

So, do I need to watch NCIS then?

/PHil
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#19]
The first female lawyer was Caitlin something... played by Andrea Parker aka Ms Parker from The Pretender aka Lydia from Less than Perfect.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#20]
So how long do you think it will be before this becomes a BOTD thread?  MJD
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It was right up there with "Pensacola, Wings of Gold"

Which wasn't filmed anywhere NEAR Pensacola...Used to be a big joke amongst the guys stationed there.

SG
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was the only good thing from that show, yummy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So how long do you think it will be before this becomes a BOTD thread?  MJD

Right about now.
Just kidding.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#24]
In the 90's we were in an episode when they wanted one of our Herk's in the show at El Toro.

Didn't meet any one, it was all background stuff. Spent all day shining worn out, 5606 soaked flight boots just not to see them shine on TV.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I watched it some the first few seasons, but they refused to sell out.  They should have had Catherine Bell running down the beach in a bikini in every episode.  I never missed an episode of "Pensacola: Wings of Gold"

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh what the heck

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Finally.
Worst show on TV, EVER.
I even rate it below "Walker, Texas Ranger".
I only watched it for a good laugh or to make me angry.
The Navy and USMC should be real proud that they helped make this turd.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Finally.
Worst show on TV, EVER.

Horseshit.  You obviously started watching TV about ten minutes ago.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#29]
'JAG' ending after 10-year run

About fucking time....has a more stupid show ever lasted as long?
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I saw an episode when it first started running.  The plot involved a submarine, and they spliced in footage of the helicopter-to-submarine transfer stunt from The Hunt for Red October.  That was so lame.  I never watched it again.

I think they got a black eye one time when they asked to use a little footage from Tom Cruise's movie, Top Gun, and ended up stealing almost all of it.  It was almost all of the combat footage at the end of the movie where Maverick saves the day against the bad guys.

That last show did show actual combat footage of Marines during their advance towards Baghdad.  I saw the same footage about a week ago about Delta Company on one of my HDTV channels.  It showed them shooting out a line charge to blow up tank mines near a bridge.  Big, big explosion.

I'd have to admit being hooked on JAG.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Finally.
Worst show on TV, EVER.

Only about 40 years (39 years, 8 months) ago.
You a JAG-off lover or do you have a worse show in mind?
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#32]
JAG and Enterprise are the only shows I tape on Fridays. Now both shows are gone after this season...
JAG got a few hotties this season:
the new Lt that was a former g/f of Bukovic.
then the Lt (blonde chick) that helped Rabb get a large settlement from a vendor for a lady.
then General Cresswell's daughter Cammie...

Well, there's still Navy NCIS.

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
JAG and Enterprise are the only shows I tape on Fridays. Now both shows are gone after this season...
then the Lt (blonde chick) that helped Rabb get a large settlement from a vendor for a lady.

Why do they even have NCIS?
They've got all the pilots and lawyers doing the investigative, undercover, secret agent and arrest work for them at JAG.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Lt Roberts' brother Mike (Midshipman at Annapolis) plays Paintball (an episode this season). There were a bunch of cadets in BDU trousers playing paintball...
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You taped Jag???....???....
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#36]

guess not enough CSIs in it
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for CSI: Cleveland.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for CSI: Cleveland.

LOL

I tape JAG and Enterprise becuase I have no time to watch primetime shows. I don't save any of the episodes. I rotate between two cheap VHS tapes that are probably one their last legs.

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Finally.
Worst show on TV, EVER.

I have dozens of worse shows in mind, including every single sitcom that's been on TV for the last 5 years.  How about "Automan?"  "Manimal?"  "San Pedro Beach Bums?"  "Cop Rock?"  "TJ Hooker?"  I could go on and on and on...
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

DUDE, Forget JAG, you should have been taping Battlestar Galactica on Friday night.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#41]
It was bound to happen sooner or later... They had to run out of Top Gun flying clips SOME time!....
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUDE, Forget JAG, you should have been taping Battlestar Galactica on Friday night.  

+1!
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Finally.
Worst show on TV, EVER.

I have dozens of worse shows in mind, including every single sitcom that's been on TV for the last 5 years.  How about "Automan?"  "Manimal?"  "San Pedro Beach Bums?"  "Cop Rock?"  "TJ Hooker?"  I could go on and on and on...

OK.  "Manimal" was bad (except for the time he fell out of the airplane and turned into an eagle). That was hella kewl.

TJ Hooker?  He was a cop.  Now, if he started flying jets and performing secret agent work, all the while being the investigator AND the prosecutor/defender, THEN I would agree.

JAG-off is insipid because it uses the trappings of the military (willingly supplied by a bent-over US Navy and USMC) to project a grossly distorted view of military life and unrealistic expectations for the younger, more impressionable "recruits".

That said, anybody who joins up because of that show deserves the rude awakening they get.  The Navy and USMC are chock full of ugly dykes.  The best looking womens are in the AF (followed by the Army).  
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I read that the reason David James Elliot "decided to leave" was because CBS refused to renew his contract
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#45]
the rerun on USA the other day had footage from Flight of the Intruder
and when the A6 was going down they dubbed in the engine noise from a WW2 piston engine fighter that was in a dive
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have Sci-Fi It's an extra $22/month for expanded basic. I'll just wait until Season 1 comes out on DVD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Oh what the heck

Semper Fi

downs.free.fr/catherine%20bell%20wallpaper%206.jpg

Well, I am certainly at attention.

Oooooooooooooo Rah!

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
the rerun on USA the other day had footage from Flight of the Intruder
and when the A6 was going down they dubbed in the engine noise from a WW2 piston engine fighter that was in a dive

Dear heavens...

Less talking, more Catherine Bell pics:

Holy mackerel! I can't find pics of her fully clothed anywhere.

Darn.

Oh, wait. Found one:

And in the other direction:

Be careful searching for Catherine Bell pics. Some of the results are kind of naughty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Indeed.

She's very er....um......Talented.

I caught an episode that had her in a bikini by chance one day. I watched religiously for the next several weeks to see if it would happen again. Sadly, it didn't. When I started imagining all the interesting things she could be wearing under that Marine uniform, I had to quit watching.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top