Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Proud member of the lunatic fringe
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:01:45 PM
[Last Edit: 4/4/2005 9:37:29 PM by topjimmy]
I searched on it and couldn't find a dupe, I will be very surprised if this doesn't already have a thread though...

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=6168

[edit]

I forgot to say fuck these assholes.

[edit again]

This was an April 1st "press release". I'm sure they wish like hell it was true, though. My favorite part is where they link killing animals with being homicidal.
Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot
kickmyllama
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:07:43 PM

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

TheFreepster
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:10:58 PM

Originally Posted By kickmyllama:

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

You are correct, HOWEVER, this sort of means that hunting is therapy for my "condition," I wonder if I can get my medical insurance to cover a new savage 110FP
topjimmy
Proud member of the lunatic fringe
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:12:57 PM

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

Yeah, that's why I said "press release".
Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot
Defcon
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:14:12 PM
[Last Edit: 4/4/2005 9:18:17 PM by Defcon]
Nice! Can I get all my hunting time on FMLA from work now?

Here is the article:

Research Center Concludes That Hunters ‘Compensate’ for Diminutive Genitalia by Acting Out Domination Fantasies

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

Norfolk, Va. — While the results of the research are preliminary, scientists at the Diminutive Male Genitalia Disorder Research Organization have discovered a genetic link between small penis size and the thrill of the hunt. The organization recently began to tabulate data from a two-year study of men with Diminutive Male Genitalia Disorder (DMGD) and has posted the results on its Web site, DMGD.org.

The subjects of the study varied from men with a slight abnormality in penis size to men with pubis innius, a term for an inverted male pubic region. By tracing what has been identified as the "DMGD gene," an abnormality in the 21st chromosome was discovered. Researchers found that this abnormality appears to be consistently linked to two traits: abnormally small male reproductive organs and the ability to derive joy from killing, which starts with hunting small game and, in isolated instances, can manifest itself in homicidal acts. Research team leader Dr. Brian Upchurch and his colleagues in New Orleans, La., plan to investigate whether DMGD was a factor in the 2004 Sawyer County, Wis., incident in which a deer hunter went on a rampage and killed six other hunters.

"These findings confirm what we have believed for a long time: Hunters just don’t measure up," says PETA’s Justin Jest. "They are apparently overcompensating for their failure to hit the mark in the bedroom by blowing small animals away in the woods."

PETA intends to incorporate the findings of the study into campaign materials to combat hunting.
Botch
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:16:39 PM
that is quite possibly the stupidest thing i have ever read.

You know they are stretching for attention when......
TacticalMan
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:21:07 PM
[Last Edit: 4/4/2005 9:22:16 PM by TacticalMan]
Wow! I can't believe they'd sink to that level! I almost feel sorry for them! That is one of the most pathetic smear attempts I've ever read! I mean that is pathetic in a classical sense. How long has that tactic for smearing enemies been around? Probably only about 5,000 years

Any credibility they ever had wasn't helped by that!

Thanks Defcon.
BigB1129
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:24:38 PM
[Last Edit: 4/4/2005 9:26:02 PM by BigB1129]
haha what a bunch of idiots. Putting out that article will just show everyone how low they are. Like people are actually going to beleive it?
I thought size didnt matter anyway? so what are they getting at?
Pangea
CAJUN®
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:26:53 PM
That's kinda true. I notice that when my dick swells up and gets big I don't want to hunt anymore.
Spade
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:29:53 PM
Man, the very day somebody says that to my face, I am filing the biggest sexual harrasement suit you've ever seen.
Wingnut116ACW
Anonymous Alcoholic
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:30:43 PM

Originally Posted By Pangea:
That's kinda true. I notice that when my dick swells up and gets big I don't want to hunt anymore.

I am the exact opposite, I hunt beaver when the Airman Basic stands at attention.
Geek it 'till it MHz

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows returned
AeroE
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:30:52 PM
Note the date.
TheFreepster
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:32:55 PM
I went to the Organization's website, interestingly most of the links on it dont work, but the do have a phone number 504-213-0938 I called to see if they could send me info, they just had a message which called their organization by the wrong name. Im calling back to tell them I'm head of PETA at my school and to ask for them to send me info.
Arclight-Rifles
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:37:42 PM
[Last Edit: 4/7/2005 1:53:46 AM by threefiftynone]
I love shooting rabbits and I'm hung like a horse - maybe I could do a study with some of those hippy chicks at PETA ?

On second thoughts, fuck that, they are hairy armpitted <Removed> who look like Mick Mc Manus with tits.

Why don't we do a study on how opponents of People Eating Tasty Animals are allergic to soap ?
JoseyWales
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 9:58:51 PM

Originally Posted By TheFreepster:

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

You are correct, HOWEVER, this sort of means that hunting is therapy for my "condition," I wonder if I can get my medical insurance to cover a new savage 110FP

TacticalMan
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 10:04:36 PM

Originally Posted By AeroE:
Note the date.

Still dosn't help their credibility. This will just make people look for a joke in everything they publish.
Barkinhound
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 10:27:36 PM
It's a bad joke. Nothing more. It is the kind of thing these people find hilarious amongst their own.

It does little good to argue with them. They are zealots. It is like arguing with anyone that has a deep seated belief system be it a fundamentalist, a NeoCon, an anti gun crusader or the like. People like to devise ways to look at issues in a very black and white manner. I think it makes them feel secure and righteous or something. Logic has little sway over belief. Not having to ponder, question or think is a great luxury.

I have known a few people who are PETA zealots. Basically they have all been nice sweet people. They are, however, trapped in their system of belief and have absolutely no room for the reality maps of others. It literally does not fit within their doctrine that someone could enjoy firearms. It is a source of trepidation and disgust that one could hunt and then, gasp, eat the meat. That's where these suggestions of ridicule come from in my opinion. If someone actually likes to do something that they find so appalling there must be something inherently wrong with them. Hence the joke.

Many of these folks seem to be just young, naive and from an urban environment. They have pretty much learned and live the Bambi Syndrome. Hopefully some day they will reach a more liberal point of view in their thinking and accept that perhaps the point of view the espouse is good for them but not necessarily good for others. They sure can be irksome in the meantime.
piccolo
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 10:37:53 PM
Believe it or not, the whole argument is one I heard in the mid to late 60s by this liberal art teacher that taught in my HS.

Seems history is repeating itself.

It was a crock then, it's a crock now.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
----------------------------------------

Vote "YES" on 'NO'!
MMS2571
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 10:38:24 PM
as AeroE said check the date.
kk7sm
Great Googly Moogly!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 11:06:13 PM
I think the "Diminutive Male Genitalia Research Organization" should have given it away.

Guns don't kill people. Physics kills people.
QuietShootr
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/4/2005 11:19:48 PM
WE killed the site

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.dwgd.com Port 80

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Date: April 1, 2005 21:09:28 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a