Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 2:19:09 PM EDT
So with what I have read, would it be possible for me to go the a gun show next weekend in Las Vegas and buy a stripped lower? As long as it is not listed it should be legal right?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It WILL NOT be legal...

however, that law is UNCONSITUTIONAL, go get yourself an AR!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
puckin red white and blue yah!
BS23 can suck my ass! hey Ice if you do go and get one post the price please.
BALOO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well with all the talk in the other thread about getting a stripped receiver and keeping it untill it makes the list. How are you suppose to obtain one if it is still illegal?

I dont even care so much about it being legal to bring back here to CA. I guess my real question is will someone in NV or AZ even SELL me one? Is it legal for them to? If I get one, I can have it stored out of state.

Last time I went to an out of state gun show and asked about an AR receiver, they wouldnt sell it cuz I have a CA drivers license.
So with what I read in the other post, will this still be the case?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I think all firearm purchases still have to be processed through a California FFL.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The situation is that the Series concept is overturned.  Read my calnra.org story from August 3, 2000, as the situation is essentially the same.  I'll be writing an update:

[url]http://www.calnra.org/080300hector.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top