Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 2:24:33 AM EDT
Read:

[url]http://www.sacbee.com/news/calreport/calrep_story.cgi?story=N2001-06-28-1800-0.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:38:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If I read it correctly it sounds like alot of great news with maybe more in future.  It's also nice to see the NRA so heavily involved with this.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
For a .pdf file of the full opinion go this link and download:

[url]http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions[/url]

S055064.PDF for 6/28/01 Harrot v County of Kings SC
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
i like this part

"That is because some of the weapons do not have the features that would make them illegal under the 1999 provisions. Those features include semiautomatic rifles having a detachable magazine for bullets, and one of the following: a pistol grip, a stock with a hole for a thumb, a grenade launcher and, among other features, a [b]flair[/b] launcher"

i always knew that AK owners had FLAIR [:D]

sounds like the only AK that doesnt have the evil features are the chinese sporters and russian saigas  
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
So, is there anything new I can buy?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 3:12:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd say that you could go buy stripped-lowers as long as they aren't SB23 unfriendly.  There's no mention of AR Series, but it is the same situation regarding RR89 for the AR clones.  Now who will have the guts to start selling again?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]"What if the next attorney general is not as aggressive as Lockyer?" asked Dennis Henigan, an attorney for the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence. [/b]

Well, you could bend over and take it in the bunghole like gunowners have been doing for the last couple of years or you could donate all your cash to Algore 2004 and live in fear of being shot dead by a gun that is used in barely 1% of all crimes until you find a democRAT to save your rear.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, is there anything new I can buy?
View Quote

Vepr & Saiga hunting rifles. Stripped AR & AK lowers as long as they have a model number not listed on the Roberti Roos add on list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top