Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 7:45:53 PM EDT
Greetings:
Does anyone own one of these weapons? Positive/negative comments? I am considering acquiring a .40
Before the flames commence I already own a Sig, a Glock and an HK.  
Primary purpose will be informal shooting. Not planning to carry it conceal, fight WWIII or takeover a third world nation.
Regards
ACK
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 3:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one I recently acquired from on here....

I have ONLY shot it once, not bad for a fine german weapon...I REALLY liek the design, fit and finish. It was ALMOST a virgin when I got it...99.9%

Shot better groups than my G23, but NOT as good as my 1911...

Mine is a 9mm...and NOT that S&W crap!

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My brother has one and we both really like it.  Suggestion: buy one of the QA models that has a trigger like the Glocks rather that the double/single action.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Got one in .40. Really like it. Trigger took a little getting used to, but no biggie. Not a match pistol, but accurate enough. Hey, it's German, it's well made, it works fine, what else could you want?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
A very nice pistol. Hi-cap mags are a little pricey. I shoot better with the 9 milly (that may be because I shoot MORE with the nine milly).

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you guys think that it would be OK for IPSC competiton?  Naturally it would be in .40 to make major.

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately try the trigger out before you buy, it's a little "different". In general though, the pistol is very much in the profile of the other pistols you own.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you guys think that it would be OK for IPSC competiton?  Naturally it would be in .40 to make major.

View Quote

I think you'd be better trying it in IDPA rather than IPSC.
You might want to check into holster availability first.
Eric
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The P-99 I have is a very nice pistol.  But I do have one complaint, it feels that my trigger finger "drags" on the bottom of the trigger guard while shooting.  It is not to noticable at first but after shooting for a while can be very annoying.

Fit, finish and asthetics are top notch.  I would seriously consider one in .40 (I have a 9mm) in the future.

Edited for...
Holster selection seems to be a problem but I have found that HK USP leather holsters are a pretty close fit and good for informal carry.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one in 9mm.  I love it.  It is very versatile and very accurate.

I just tried it out this past Friday and measure it against my HK P7M8.  I shot the P99 better than the P7. Yes, I was surprised.  The P7 supposed to be the most accurate.

Get the Holster, TAC light, and Laser from Walther USA. (www.waltherusa.com)

No, I do not know much about the .40sw
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I love my 40 in OD Green!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not if you want to win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top