Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2001 3:06:56 PM EDT
What has happened to this label?  I'm on leave in P.A. and my mother and Grandmother have put me to work.  I made a trip to Lowes hardware store to pick up some stuff.  I got a few light fixtures, some clothesline, a few nuts and bolts, and some other stuff.  Everything except the Dewalt drill bits I got where made in China.  I could not avoid it.  No matter how hard I tried I put food on some god damn commies table.  This really pisses me off! Next time you go to the store pay attention to how much crap has made in China on it.  It will piss you off too....
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I no longer purchase [b]ANYTHING[/b] made in china.  If I need somthing and the only one I can find is made in china then I improvise.  Fu** the chinese bastards!! [-!-]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember seeing something on the news about one of the asian countries creating a city called USA so that everything manufactured there could legally carry a Made in USA label. Neato huh?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It's about profit.  They're cranking stuff out for next to nothing to meet Wall St. expectations.  And if some of you have hefty portfolios, are you going to look at the bottom line?  Or are you going to question what they did to get there?  

I will say, though, that even in SE Asia, people have a saying:  If it breaks, it's made in China, if it lasts, it's made in Japan.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought some dishes, made in USA (corningware). Just got a large surplus ALICE pack, I assume that is made in the USA. I try, but it is getting harder to find US made products :(
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you think Klinton had anything to do with all those Chinese imports on our shelves, he loved their money? NAFTA, GATT, WTO, FAST TRACK legislation, he and the Republicans pushed all that shit through congress. Isn't China about to get MFN status? Between our dollars and secrets they have improved their military quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you think Klinton had anything to do with all those Chinese imports on our shelves, he loved their money? NAFTA, GATT, WTO, FAST TRACK legislation, he and the Republicans pushed all that shit through congress. Isn't China about to get MFN status? Between our dollars and secrets they have improved their military quite a bit.
View Quote

Yes, and the Chinese have us right where they want us.  It is now a general concensous in the US govenment that our military no longer needs to be able to fight a "two major front war."  If there's going to be an end of the word it will be caused by the Chinese and the US going toe to toe.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I threw most of the stuff in my apt that says "Made in China" out. The only things left are the leather jacker my mom gave me for my birthday (thats not going anywhere), my joystick, and coffee machine. Thats it. I wont buy any more of their shit either. (well, except for that Norinco NHM-91 [:)])
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top