Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.theaskguys.com/%7Epics/stupidthreadwarning.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you get to decide who's a good Christian based on their attitude towards guns?  So all the Christians in Denmark (which is a country with very stict gun control, supported by the population)  - who have all been Christians for a 1000 years - are not REAL Christians because they support gun control?

View Quote

You misunderstand.

What I am saying is that MOST of the so-called "Christian" groups that are anti-gun DO NOT follow the guidelines / commands that Christ Himself gave as to who is a "Christian."

Since the word "Christian" has as its root, the word "Christ," I would think it is only fair that Christ Himself would get to determine who gets to use the label "Christian."

No??

Unfortunately, "Christian" today has scant little to do with being "Christ-like" and is generically applied to every non-cannibal.
View Quote

Yes or No Garandman, are Catholics Christians?

And I wish I had a dime for every time I heard a fundamentalist say..."but I know all about Catholics, I come from a Catholic family," or "I used to be a Catholic."  What is it with you guys?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Best reply to the question is to start a debate.  Then enlighten them with logic.  

Of course as shown here, fanatical narrow minded arguements seldom have the intended consequences.

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GUNS AND RELIGION ARE THE TOOL OF THE DEVIL.
EVIL, EVIL, EEEE-VIL!!!  LOCK THE THREAD BEFORE THE KILLING BEGINS!

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img][img=right]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img=right][img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img][img=right]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img=right][img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img][img=right]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img=right]
View Quote

Now that's funny! [:D]

We have seemed to get off the topic a little, but this is so much fun! I'll throw in my .02

Seperation of Church and State = Good.
(If their so interested in domestic/foreign policy, let them pay their dues like everyone else: Tax the Mother F**kers!). I think George Carlin said that.

Seperation of Church and Guns = Better.
The last thing this World needs is more religious zealots armed with guns.

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes or No Garandman, are Catholics Christians?

View Quote

Sorry - I took a brief hiatus from this thread.

Sorry, but the answer is "It depends."

A "Christian" is a follower of Christ. In order to be a follower of Christ, one must repent of and turn from their sins, and receive Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. This is a LIFE CHANGING decision where the INDIVIDUAL no longer is captive to the desires of the flesh, but works toward becoming more "Christ-like." (And as recent events have shown, I have to work on that myself some)

IF a Catholic has done this, then (And ONLY then) is he a "Christian." I don't care WHAT label is used. If not, then not.

How could anyone be called a Christian if they have NOT taken this first step of obedience to Christ??

Does that clarify my position??

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Because I work for the post office.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Please take the religious stuff to another thread.

Thanks.
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
its an instrement of god which is used to fall teh heritics and blasphermers whom oppose the kingdom??
View Quote

LOL!!! Shit man, that's a CLASSIC!!!

I'm writting that down!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.theaskguys.com/%7Epics/captobvious.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#10]
A- Shits and gigglzz
B- I like seeing groundhogs explode
C- I like seeing thugs explode
D- I would rather not have to worry about if the  police are going to make it in time....only the ambulance so the asshole that intended to harm me or my family I just shot won't stain my new hardwood floors with blood.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#12]
"These guns?  They're for when I SNAP!"

Oh, and just how exactly did you find out I practice cannabilisim on the weekends?!?!?!?!?

Did the "Gimp" tell you that?

Balming
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#13]
It's like the guy who saw the old Texas Ranger carrying his Colt 1911 with the hammer back cocked and locked and asked him isn't it dangerous to carry it that way. The old Ranger replied "Hell yes it's dangerous, I wouldn't carry it if it wasn't."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top