Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Log In

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 6/28/2001 6:32:11 AM EDT
Excuse my ignorance, but I don't think I've ever known the exact differences. I haven't been able to get my hands on a M1 clip so I can see the visual differences, so I figured I'd ask.. Thanks! Ian
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:35:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:41:12 AM EDT
a magazine contains a spring to present rounds to the bolt. clip has no spring. clips sometimes are used to feed mags.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:56:10 AM EDT
[b]Clips[/b] [img]http://www.tapco.com/store/images/MAG0137.JPG[/img] [b]Magazine[/b] [img]http://www.tapco.com/store/images/MAG0607.JPG[/img] My understanding is that a clip is a single part and a mag is a component.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:02:48 AM EDT
Most clips only have three sides to them: a left, a right and a back. Mags have 5 sides: left, right, front, back and bottom. Clips usually do not have a conventional spring, while mags usually have one. Basically, if it inserts inside the gun thru the action, like in a Garand, its a clip. If the rounds are stripped off and stay in the gun, its a clip. If it is inserted into the gun without going thru the action and does not need outside assistance to feed the rounds, it is a mag. Kharn
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:09:56 AM EDT
think of it like this. a mag feeds the gun, the clip loads the mag.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:10:02 AM EDT
As was said a clip is just that. It simply clips onto a certain number of rounds and is fed that way into the gun. A magazine can be fixed or detatchable, or tubular or box. As was said the magazine basically has a spring is what sets it apart. Here are several M1 clips. The 2 round, [img]http://www.fulton-armory.com/2shot.jpg[/img] and the sinlge load (sled), [img]http://www.fulton-armory.com/SLED.jpg[/img] As you see it is nothing like a magazine. If I can find a pic online of an 8 rounder I'll post it too. Basically if it doesn't have a spring involved it's a clip. And that basically is just for the M1 Garand and stripper clips to feed magazines. Clay
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:13:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mattsd: think of it like this. a mag feeds the gun, the clip loads the mag.
View Quote
Matt, except in the case of the Garand, where the clip itself is used instead of a magazine. However the Garand is pretty much the exception to the rule.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:15:08 AM EDT
A clip is something you put in your hair, A mag is something you put in you weapon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:22:30 AM EDT
Clips are used by Homies to stoke the gats used in drive-bys.[):)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:23:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:14:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:45:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:50:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:40:54 PM EDT
Top Top