Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2001 6:33:58 PM EDT
I went to the [url]www.mynra.com[/url]and tried to tell them how I feel.I hope what I wrote makes sense and doesnt sound like gibberish.
I know that some here will not agree with me and some will,I hope.
If you have something to say to the NRA drop them a line at mynra.com.

I will not be renewing my NRA membership.I can not in good conscious send the NRA my hard earned money.
I feel that the NRA is all about hunters and sporting clay shooters.How about the gun owners at choose to own the black rifle(AR15),SKS,AK47,FAL and many others.What about the people that own NFA class weapons?
The NRA has done many great things for gun owners but I cant support it when it does things that I do not agree with.
I will renew my membership when I see Mr Heston hold a AR15 over his head and say"From my cold dead hands!"
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
and this was mine, I hope every NRA member lets them know that we are tired of running, and that it is time to stand and fight:

I will be renewing my NRA membership.  I feel that I need to do this so that the membership numbers give the NRA strength.

I WILL NOT respond to your constant call for donations UNTIL the NRA becomes proactive and starts a rabid dog campaign to attack and defeat ALL ANTI-SECOND AMENDMENT laws - both local and national.  I will not respond until Eddie Eagle and gun safety is taught in every school, until the ROTC air rifle ranges have been reinstated by court order, until the insane zero tolerance policies that expell students for drawing pictures of soldiers with guns has been stopped - UNTIL GUN OWNERSHIP IS NO LONGER VILLIFIED.  

I think that if you poll members you will find that we are tired of the 'death by a thousand paper cuts' mentality that gratefully accepts one gun control bill over another because it is the lesser of two evils.  Your support of lesser gun control measures, hoping that they will not be passed by spineless politicians, hoping that they will be overturned in court IS NOT WORKING.  IT HAS NEVER WORKED BECAUSE THE ANTI-GUNNERS WILL NEVER STOP.  They will not stop because all they need is persistance and eventually the gun owners cave in.  

Gun owners are being villified, portrayed as a dangerous menace to society, and we are tired of this.  WE WANT SOMEONE THAT WILL FIGHT FOR AND DEFEND OUR RIGHTS!  WE DO NOT AGREE with the NRA position that no one needs an 'assault weapon' or hi-cap magazines.  This decision is up to the individual, not the government - AND IT IS NOT A BARGAINING CHIP FOR THE NRA AND POLITICIANS!!!

It is time to challenge ALL gun laws, file suit against those that are trying to use the judicial system to steal our rights, and go on the offensive and attack laws that are stealing our rights.  In this battle there can be no middle ground, and no quarter to the enemies of gun ownership.  It is time to attack, or watch NRA support and membership wither and die.

I will renew my contributions when I see Mr Heston hold a AR-15 over his head and exclaim "From my cold dead hands!", and I read in First Freedom that the NRA has mobilized and filed suit to revive the Second Amendment, not by begging and thanking government for scraps, but by getting in the game and starting the fight.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will not be renewing my NRA membership.I can not in good conscious send the NRA my hard earned money.
I feel that the NRA is all about hunters and sporting clay shooters.How about the gun owners at choose to own the black rifle(AR15),SKS,AK47,FAL and many others.What about the people that own NFA class weapons?
The NRA has done many great things for gun owners but I cant support it when it does things that I do not agree with.
I will renew my membership when I see Mr Heston hold a AR15 over his head and say"From my cold dead hands!"
View Quote

What a crock.  Really, just what have you accomplished?  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.

The anti-gun crowd doesn't need to divide and conquer gun owners, you're handling that really well without any help from them at all.

I may not agree with the NRA 100% of the time.   But I sure don't whine and say "fine, I'll pick up my toys and go home" every time I don't.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#3]
You think its a crock that I dont want my money being used to compromise away our guns.I will support the GOA,KeepandBearArms.com and the COA.
I'm sick and tired of the NRA not listening to all gunowners.
I have heard a few people say that life is full of compromises.If we keep compromising what will we have left?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm with ya rebelyell. Hold out til they produce something positive in acknowledgement that we even exist in the gun community. I've had more NRA people tell me that I am the reason that there is so much opposition to guns in this country because I'm not afraid to shoot black rifles at ranges.

To all you who think I should be sending my money to the NRA so I can be outvoted and ignored by the majority you're nuts. YOU are the ones that have done more to sell out your hobby than anyone. It's just consent by proxy and if you disagree, you're probably too ignorant to even understand the issues.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Why dont we flood the Letters sections of AR and FF with letters demanding more articles on black rifles?

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't hunt, I don't shoot sporting clays, I shoot 'black rifles', I am the NRA! I am a life member. It is better to stay and work to convince them to up their coverage of guns. I also support JFPO, as they are very close to my interests.
Let's not give the Nuts in the MMM and HCI any division. As Joe Louis said there are alot of problems in this country, but that Mr, Hitler isn't going to solve them, neither is Sarah and Rosie.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Hold out you guys, hold out until the antis win.

I've seen this drivel on this forum before and the only thing I can think of that makes sense is that you whiners want to save 35 bucks and have to justify it somehow.

Sarah Brady's not an NRA member and neither is Rosie O'Donnell.  You have something in common with both of them.

A non-member is as good as an anti.

Rich
NRA, GOA, LEAA, CCRN

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Rebelyell and & co;

Remember - NRA goes out.  We can all kiss our guns goodbye. That's what the ANTI's want - Split us up..

We will not determine whether we will keep our "Black Rifles" nor Will the Anti's.. IT will the millions of general public...

NRA is trying to generate enough interests from the general public into understanding that why it is important to keep our rights for firearms ownership.  Firearms covers the black rifles too.. The moment we start waving the Black rifles around we will be fueling the ANTI's Bull#$%%...

We need to win the battle at the congress and with the help of the general public that do not know which way to go .. Trust me with the help of media and no NRA they will be swayed towards the Anti's and we will Lose!

Let us all to our part in helping the cause .. Support all pro-gun organizations .. Get the general population involved into firearms. If you do not like what they do .. voice it but do not try to kill the work they do..

There was the time you could mount a deer on the hood .. carry your rifles without being enclosed in a rifle bag.. Times have changed .. We have to get smart and adapt. Do not do anything to become a an ANTI factory where people who can not decide go in and come out "schuler" clones ...

"United be stand and divided we fall."

Not flaming you fellow rebel .. we just need to adapt to the situation and WIN !
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you require your friends to agree with you 100% of the time?

Do you require your wife and children to do what you want all the time?

The more members that shoot black rifles, the more attention the NRA will give black rifles. If we don’t stand together, we will fall separately.  The more money, resources, and members the NRA has, the more likely they can defeat the antis.

If you want to make a difference, rejoin and send them all the money you can.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you require your friends to agree with you 100% of the time?

Do you require your wife and children to do what you want all the time?

The more members that shoot black rifles, the more attention the NRA will give black rifles. If we don’t stand together, we will fall separately.  The more money, resources, and members the NRA has, the more likely they can defeat the antis.

If you want to make a difference, rejoin and send them all the money you can.
View Quote

I don't pay friends or a wife and kidz to ignore me though....
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#14]
There are plenty of pro-gun organizations to fund but to drop the NRA because they don't do what you want them to do?  The NRA is the most sought after organization for the anti's to destroy.  Do the anti's mention any of the other orgs. you mention?  and how often?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Lots of group 2 types.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I am a member of the NRA but it seems they have given in many times. Where were they in 1934,1968,1986,and 1994? If they are so powerful they didn't do much to stop those B.S. laws.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#17]
You're joking right?  Where were they in 1994?  They were responsible (along with most Republican congressmen and Senators) in watering down that bill from where it started in '89 and '90, which, in case you might be unaware started with provisions that would have made auto-loading anything *contraband* subject to forfeiture or confiscation.  I read the early bill drafts and they scared the hell out of me.  We're talking about a Browning Auto-5 or a 1911 being subject to confiscation by federal officers.  Where was the NRA?  Working a Democrat-majority House and Senate and of course presidency.  They didn't do it alone, but I shudder to imagine an outcome without their involvement.

Rich
NRA, GOA, LEAA, CCRN
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Good post FL_Boy.  But you obviously don't read the American Rifleman.  That's exactly what the NRA is fighting against, the villification of firearm ownership.  What do you expect them to do exactly, bomb the Congress.  Fighting unconstitutional laws can take decades.  It's not an overnight issue.

Rich is correct, if you're against the NRA, then you support Rosie's and Sarah's beliefs.  If you only support one organization, it should be the one nationally targeted for extermination by the liberals...the NRA.  The NRA is their only threat.  GOA is OK, I'm a member, but they're small time.  No congressman, senator or journalist pays them any attention.  Face it, the NRA is our only hope.  Give up on the NRA, and give up all chance of holding off the onslaught against your right to own firearms.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Listen,can anyone tell me what gun law has the NRA prevented????NOT1!We need a new organization that speaks from all GUN OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!Larry Pratt has done more to try and PREVENT AND GET LAWS REPEALED than the nra!!!!Larry Pratt is th ePres of GOA!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I went to the [url]www.mynra.com[/url]and tried to tell them how I feel.I hope what I wrote makes sense and doesnt sound like gibberish.
I know that some here will not agree with me and some will,I hope.
If you have something to say to the NRA drop them a line at mynra.com.

View Quote

Too bad.  I suppose you'll ride our coattails whenever we do something that lets you hang onto your rifles legally a little longer.  Hang together or fall apart, brother.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#21]
AND THE NRA RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL:

Thank you for contacting the National Rifle Association.  The NRA is not an impersonal organization of bureaucrats, it is an organization of Members.  Your are the NRA!, and as such we value your opinion.  There are many reasons to join the NRA, and it is apparent you are very passionate regarding the rights of gun owners.  We will take your comments into consideration as we plan for the future.  

I will put you on the NRA's limited mailing list.  This will limit the mail you are receiving from the NRA.  If you do not want to be on this list, please notify me, and I will be delighted to take you off it.  

Thank you for supporting your NRA.
Best regards,
Jason
NRA Membership Communications

==========
and I am also a member - and donate to - GOA, SAF, SAS Associate, Second Amendment
Coalition of Florida, etc., etc.  I am just tired of everyone else doing the fighting while the NRA pats themselves on the back for compromising away my rights.  I'm not ready to burn my membership card and walk away, just tired of them taking the path of least resistance because they are afraid of getting a bloody nose from digging in and fighting.

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
PAY THE NRA THE $35!!!!

Find me another pro-gun lobby group with their clout....... I'm waiting........still waiting.....can't, can ya?

PAY UP!!!!! Change is easiest from within. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Let’s see, the anti’s have Schumer, Fienstien, Rosie, Sarah, & now a bunch of NRA dropouts who are making a lame excuse to cover the simple fact that they are just too damned cheap to pay the dues. How can they lose?
When (& IF) it ever gets down to the nitty gritty (SHTF), I’d be willing to bet not ONE in a HUNDRED of you benchrest Rambos would have the courage of your convictions, ie “from my cold, dead hands”.
Ain’t no free lunch, guys.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]
If all American gun owners joined the NRA we could make the rules, not have to settle for compromises.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If all American gun owners joined the NRA we could make the rules, not have to settle for compromises.
View Quote

What a pipe dream...
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I have been have this NRA debate with myself for about 6 months.To renew or not to renew.
I have thought about the "riding on others shirt tales."  I know alot of gun owners that that are not members of any type of gun owner's group.Several years ago I went to these people and tried to explain why it was so important for them to stand up and be counted.I heard all sorts of excuses on why they didnt want to join the NRA.
I'm not happy with my decision and I could change my mind.I would be able to vote next year.
My husband is also part of the problem.He says I'm wasting our money.He is setting over in his chair and bitching at me while I'm writing this.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is the reply I received from the NRA.

--- Membership wrote:
> Dear Brenda,
> Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter.
> What exactly did we do to make you believe
> the NRA doesn't support the ownership of
> firearms like the AR15,SKS,AK47, and FAL?
> People deserve the freedom of owning a
> firearm regardless of how it looks, or
> operates. After all, the Second Amendment
> is all-inclusive - it doesn't state that x type
> of firearm is permissible and y is not.  
> The NRA is working to preserve our second
> amendment rights, and that right is
> indiscriminate. The fact of the matter
> is that we support and encourage the ownership
> of all firearms equally.  I'll prove it to you.
> According to our records, you receive The
> American Rifleman with your membership.
> As I'm sure you noticed, the cover story of
> our May 2001 issue of the American Rifleman
> was a special Law Enforcement issue featuring
> an AR-15 on the cover. As an aside, a photo
> on page 20 of the current July 2001 issues
> references the May issue.  In addition,
> if you look further in the July 2001 issue,
> (specifically on page 18) you'll see
> an ad for a similar type of weapon,
> a Kel-tec.  On page 22 there's a Q&A
> column pertaining to the wartime Sten, Owens,
> and Austen guns.  On page 26 notice an ad for
> customized AR-15s, while a similar ad is on
> page 29 for AR-10s.  
> In your prior message, you referenced the
> (FN)FAL.  On page 60 on the July issue,
> you'll find a detailed article on
> Fabrique Nationale, which continues on page 87.
> There, you'll see we reference the fact the
> FN produces a the Minimi (A.K.A. the SAW -
> Squad Automatic Weapon) for the U.S. military.
> Why would we publish this type of information
> in our publication if we didn't support the
> ownership of those types of firearms?
> The NRA competitions Division has worked to
> establish the guideline for the 10,000
> plus shooting matches which are held annually
> in the U.S.  I'd like to bring one of those
> to your attention - the High Powered National
> Matches at Camp Perry where participants shoot
> at a variety of distances including 500 and
> 1000 yards with military-style service rifles,
> such as the Colt AR-15 and Springfield M1-A
> just to name a few.
> Taken all of this into consideration I hope you
> see that the NRA's work to preserve our Second
> amendment rights does not exclude any particular
> firearm.
> Thank you for your patience and your support,
> please feel free to contact us if you ever need
> anything else!
> Best regards,
> Bob
> NRA Member Communications
> P.S. If you need to contact us again concerning
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
rebelyell,

Is your husband a shooter, or own any fire arms? Then for his birthday, Christmas, or any occasion for gift giving, get him a gift membership in the NRA.  If he doesn't shoot or own firearms, get him the membership anyways.  My brother does not own any firearms, yet he has a membership in the NRA.  He renews it from a gift I gave him for Christmas two years ago.  I know the NRA is pushing towards 5,000,000 members.  If enough gun owners and people who cherish freedom join or stay in, the greater our voice will be.  Eventually, if enough of us "black rifle" owners joined, and let them know how we feel they had better do something about it.  There is strength in numbers.

Sometimes I feel like chucking it away too.  We have to take control.  They only way is to get organized, even if it is with the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Do us all a favor---

[b][red]SPEND SOME TIME WRITING THE NRA AND JOIN IT FOR A YEAR!!!  This forum is great, but, you guys are wasting time and money by doing all of your bitching on this board.  Get off your butts and send your comments in to the NRA; and send a check for a one year membership.  Tell 'em to quit wasting postage and paper on the "donations" and get the membership UP first.[/red][/b]

Now, go check out the "MY LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT" thread...
and write him, too!

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I was a life member until 1989, when I found out they would not help a fellow member who was charged with bogus gun charges in NJ, brought on by a false complaint of a State Senator, the person wrongly charged spent 10's of $1,000. to defend against the scum and finally won. The State Senator was charged with 7 felonies in bench warrants issued by the judge, to this day, this scumbag has never even been served with the warrants! Reason enough for not being a member! I must say I was a member most of my life from early childhood, this was a wakeup call!

PLUS THE NRA HAS A NGO SEAT IN THE UNITED NATIONS, THIS SHOULD BE REASON ENOUGN NOT TO JOIN THE NRA!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#32]
PLUS THE NRA HAS A NGO SEAT IN THE UNITED NATIONS, THIS SHOULD BE REASON ENOUGN NOT TO JOIN THE NRA!
View Quote

Huh??? If you ain't there... You can't object!

You can't expect the NRA to help in every case. Why? Because thier resources are limited... Why? Because SOME people aren't members.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Andreusan, refresh my memory I live in NJ and I can't for the life of me remember that incident, I would think that a State Senator getting busted would be big news. Please get me the name of the Senator and what gun law was your friend arrested for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top